Chapter 21

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 27, 2020. I finally watched the last episode of Stranger Things so that I can stay current with the timeline and it was horribly painful. Just...everything that happened was so hard to rewatch, and I was just screaming and crying. 

Y/n groans as she empties the last of what was in her stomach. Eleven's screams echoe through the bathroom. Multiple footsteps are heard approaching Y/n.

"Y/n? Oh, my God, are you okay?" Robin's voice sounds out. Steve collapses beside her.

"Why are you sick?"

Y/n props herself up against the stall and looks at them weakly. "You guys were going to find out eventually. Robin, you might want to sit down."

Robin sits down, confused. "Steve, I need you to promise you won't get mad at me. Jonathan and I already got into a fight; I don't want to get in a fight with you too. It was just one time, and I don't regret it," Y/n begins.

He furrows his eyebrows at her. "Y/n, you're scaring me."

She takes a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

Steve's jaw drops and Robin's hands fly to her mouth. A tear falls off Y/n's cheek. "It only happened once and I didn't expect to get pregnant. It's so stupid, I know, but now I'm not just fighting for me, I'm fighting for my child! I'm fighting to get their dad back," she hiccups and sobs.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, don't cry. Please don't cry. I'm not mad at you! How could I be mad at you, Princess?" Steve says, pulling Y/n into his lap. "I'm going to protect you and your baby. No matter what," he assures, looking deep into her eyes.

She smiles at him. "Thank you so much. You have no idea how much I needed to hear that." She hugs him tightly. Steve catches Robin's eye. She smiles at him, wiggling her eyebrows. When they pull away, Steve looks at her stomach.

"Do you want to touch?" Y/n asks. 

He nods, looking at her with wide eyes. "I just found out, so there isn't really anything there. It's just a cluster of cells, but it matters to me."

Regardless, he takes his large hands and cradles her stomach tenderly. Butterflies fill Y/n's stomach. Robin crawls up to Y/n and throws her arms around her.

"I'll be here for you, too. I'm going to be the best aunt!"

They are interuppted by Eleven's screams, but they're worse. Y/n eyes widen as the room suddenly goes quiet. She bolts up and out the door. "Ele-" She is cut off when she locks eyes with Hopper and Joyce.

\--/

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins to stop El and um, worship Y/n. But mainly to kill to kill Eleven and pave a way into our world," Dustin explains to everyone, including Hopper and Joyce. "And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it."

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asks.

"It's big. Thirty feet, at least," Y/n replies. "It sorta destroyed your cabin," she says sheepishly. "Sorry."

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?" Steve asks.

"Yes."

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon... with melted people."

"Yes, exactly," Y/n says.

"Yeah, okay. Yeah, I'm just making sure. Seemed legit," he mutters.

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asks.