Stroke of Fate

Jayden's POV

I laid on the ground in pain after the explosion. I used the small amount of strength I had left to pull myself slightly of the ground. I looked around and saw Mia struggling to do the same. "Mia." I called. I saw Kevin and crawled over to him. "Kev, where's Allison?"

Kevin sat up painfully and looked around. "I don't know." He groaned. I continued to scan the area until I saw Ally laying on this ground, passed out cold.

"Allison!" I yelled as I used my remaining strength to stand up. I ran over to her, completely in pain, and sat next to her. I pulled her whole body onto my lap. "Come on, Allison. Wake up, babe, please. Please, Allison." Tears started to falls fast as I watched her lifeless body in my arms. I placed my index finger on her neck to check her pulse and luckily there was one, but it was barely there.

Kevin put his hand on my shoulder while I cried. "We got to get her back to the house." Kevin advised.

"No. No she needs a hospital, not the house."

"But Jayden you can't take her there. What if something bad happens and the nighlok get to her?"

"What if she dies?"

"She won't die, Jayden. It's Allison. She's stronger than you think." I hesitated for a second then nodded my head, agreeing with Kevin. We helped each other pick up Allison due to our weakened state and started to walk back to the house.

•••

We all rushed in and Ji was standing right by the door, waiting for us. "What happened? Is Allison okay?" Ji asked.

"There was an explosion. She's banged up really bad. She's barely got a pulse." I said.

"That she'll recover from quickly, she is Allison after all." We brought her to the medical room and laid her down. I remembered this scene all too well. Last time she was here like this she had her spirit stolen. Now it could be her life.

Kevin's POV

I listened at the door, away from Ji and Jayden. The rest of the team sat in the common room. Em was crying, scared of losing Allison, but the other two were pacing and thinking. I listened to Ji and Jayden whispering in the room, but I could only make out some of it.

"Is it okay?" Ji asked. It? I thought.

"I think so, but I don't know. She took a really hard hit." Jayden replied.

"Doesn't she always?" I couldn't hear anything after that, but I couldn't but wonder what "it" was. Was it her leg? Her arm? Or was there something else going on.

Jayden's POV

I sat and watched Allison, taking her hand into mine. Her head began to move slowly from aide to side, but gradually went faster as she began to mumble incoherently. I placed a hand on her head, trying to calm her down. "Ji!" I yelled. Her words became clearer, but all she was saying was "no."

"No!" She screamed as she sat up.

Allison's POV

I sat up really quickly from my nightmare, breathing heavily. I looked at Jayden and started to cry as I put a hand on his cheek. I pulled him into a tight hug as everyone else came rushing in. "Babe, what happened." Jayden asked.

"Is everything okay?" Ji asked. I stuttered a lot as I spoke from fear and tears.

"J-J-Jayden w-was dead a-and I-I-I couldn't save him and I-I don't know how it happened, but I got scared and—"

"Shh. Hey, it's okay." Jayden said pulling me into him. "We're gonna figure this out. Okay? Are you feeling okay physically?"

"Yeah. Yeah I-I'm good."