Chapter 20

Kami POV

I feel beads of sweat rolling down my face. My heart is pumping so fast it might explode. My body is achy but I pump even harder. I slam my feet into the pavement and give it everything I have.

I slow my run down to a walk. I hear bear panting next to me. "Does your dad ever take you for a run you slow poke?" I ask Bear.

I woke up before Adam this morning and my mind was racing from last night and what all this means. So I took Bear out for a run after I found some clothes of Izzy's. He evidently didn't look very hard last night.

I walk Bear back towards Adam's house. I only ran in one direction so I didn't get lost in a new city. I take in the fresh morning air around me and it's refreshing. Was last night real? Did that really happen? I sigh at the thought of having to go back to New York tonight.

Last night's phone call with Alan didn't go well and I'm not looking forward to Monday. He told me to find my own way home today.

We get back up to Adam's house and he is out the door in a second. Shirtless with his delicious muscles giving me the most beautiful sight this morning and his sweat pants hanging low on his hips allowing my eyes to travel down to his sculpted "V."

"Where the hell were you!" Adam's face is red. I hadn't noticed because I was too busy drooling.

"I went for a run...what the hell is with you?"
In a second he scooped me into his arms squeezing me so tight I thought my head was going to pop off. He dips his head into my neck and I can feel his heavy breathing.

I pull my head back to look up at him. "Hey..."
He still can't look at me. "What's wrong?"

He finally lets his grip loosen just a bit to look at me. He pushes my sweaty hair out of my face and holds on to my cheek.

"I thought you left again." I see the pain in his eyes and it breaks my heart that he thought that.

"Did you think I stole your dog too?" I joke trying to lighten the mood.

He breathes heavy and then studies my face. I know he is worried that I will regret last night. "Adam... I'm here. All of me is here." I press my lips gently to him to try and ease his worry.

He takes my hand and leads me back into the house. "I'll make you some breakfast. Where did you get the clothes?"

"Well you didn't look too hard. Izzy practically has made her own room in one of the spare bedrooms. She has a drawer full of clothes."

He laughs a little. "Figures. But I wasn't about to look through a drawer in that room."

It's probably best he didn't. I don't think he'd want to see his little sisters under garments. Or the few joints she has hidden in there.

Adam makes breakfast while I shower. I put on another one of his t shirts that almost reaches my knees. And slip on my panties. I'm so glad I threw them in the washing machine last night. The smell of bacon fills the air and it makes my stomach growl.

"I'm impressed!" I say smelling the air obnoxiously.

He flashes a beautiful grin at me and I know he is proud to show me his new cooking skills

In between shuffling food in my mouth. I keep looking over to Adam. I see his mind racing and uneasy.

"So.... I need to head back to New York today. I booked a flight for this afternoon."

His shoulders slump with a long sigh. "I assumed you'd be leaving today. Although I planned on fucking you until you couldn't walk and then locking you up in here forever."