Chapter 22

Adam POV

Hopping on the plane two nights ago was the best the decision I made. Unfortunately tonight I have to go back to Texas and be in the office tomorrow morning.

The night I got to her place, when she saw me, the way her eyes lit up made me so fucking happy.

Seeing her in New York City, in her apartment and showing me around the city, I'm even more in awe of her. She really has changed so much. She is stronger, more confident, and  empowered. She is fucking everything. I can't even put in to words what she does to me.

We've had more sex in the last couple days than I've had my entire life. But it's so much more than just the physical connection. I crave her body. But I crave that intimacy we have during it, that I didn't know existed before her. I love watching her and the sounds she makes it sends me over the edge every time. I could watch her come all over me all day long.

Today I'm going to surprise her at work to take her for lunch. I hope I'm not overstepping by showing up at her work but I need every minute I can snag with her.

I open the doors to the gallery and I see Kami sitting in an office. It's completely exposed because it's all windows. She looks beautiful and intelligent. And then I see him, Alan, standing in there looking over her shoulder from behind. Every hair on my body stands up and I want to pound his face in... again. I can barely contain my anger but then I see Kami look up and meet my eyes. She jumps up with excitement at seeing me and all the rage I feel turns to mush at her smile.

This fucking woman.

"Adam! What are you doing?" She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me on the cheek.

Her schoolgirl affection kind of rubs me the wrong way. I know she doesn't want to draw attention with PDA. But I need everyone in a 3 mile radius to know she is mine, especially Alan.

I don't let go of her waist as she drops our embrace. I take one hand to her neck to cup her cheek and crush my lips into hers.

I hear someone clear their throat behind us.

"Oh Alan, I'm sorry. This is Adam.. uh my.. fr..." I see Kami's embarrassment from our kiss and now she is flustered about what to call me.

"Her boyfriend." So I help her. She shoots her eyes up to me in bewilderment and I'm not sure if she is okay with that term or not.

Alan ignores me and looks to Kami. "You have a boyfriend... Adam... Thompson?" As if he almost forgets my fucking name. "I didn't know you had a boyfriend." His eyes never leave her and I feel my blood start to boil.

Kami nervously shuffles her feet and I suddenly feel like an ass to have put her in this
position but seeing him in her office, looking over her shoulder. I guess I felt.... territorial, jealous, possessive even. Especially after the birthday gift he gave her. I could fucking explode.

"Ummm it's new sort of." She says to him tucking her hair behind her ear. I pretend to not notice how she has distance her self from my hold on her waist and is now out of reach.

"Alan. I thought I would take Kami out for lunch. Is it okay if I steal her for a bit?" I ask him and hating every second of having to. But I know Kami is already pissed off at me so I try my best to be nice.

"Well her and I already have lunch plans." He says bringing his snake eyes to me for the first time.

Without thinking I take a step forward and Kami rushes to stand in front of me with her back to my chest.

"Adam goes back home tonight so I'm going to go to lunch with him and we can reschedule, okay?" She says to him without a hint of intimidation from the testosterone filling the air. It makes me love her even more.