Chapter 13

They both sat in silence, no one of them spoke. He rolled down the windows and put his head against it's frame. The cold and chill wind kissed his face and made his hair flew a little.

She did the same as she closed her eyes and let the darkness took her.
She was shaken awake. She opened her eyes and looked around and saw Sidharth was front of her with her side door opened. He extended his hand for her and she put it silently. He helped her out of the car and closed the door behind her. He spoke with his secretary to send the guards back as they had reached her studio.

"Let me help you" he wrapped his arm around her shoulder while holding her hand with his another hand as they walked towards the elevator.

"Itna dard ho raha hai fir bhi ana tha na tume sana" he asked in disbelief pressing the buttons of the elevator.

"If you have problem then go back" she frowned looking at him.

"How will you walk if I go back" he asked smiling at her serious face.

"None of your business and we're not talking to each other from now" she declared.

"Wow relief" he chuckled making her roll her eyes.

"Come on now, sana, take out the key" He stated as he walked a few steps away from her. It seemed like he was noticing or more like judging the place. She didn't argue with him on the place.

She quickly took out the key from her purse, opening the door of the studio. The place was a mess. Mainly because one of her assistant who was on leave and it was weekend so maid had the holiday.

"I still don't know the reason you came here" he mumbled looking around.

"There should be no reason, this is my place I'll come whenever I want" she replied.

"I know but why when you're not well"

"I'm perfectly fine just stop showing your fake concern"

"Fake ? Really?" He asked looking at her intensely.

"Of course fake" She quickly replied as he supported her to move forward to make her sit on the couch.

"Please at least don't fight with me here" she said more like pleaded, she was fed up with the arguments, fights all she wanted was a little bit of peace so did he.

"I'm not fighting with you sana " sidharth answered as he stood up casually putting his hands in his pocket, moving around the place. He went forward and stood before one of the incomplete painting hanging on the wall.

The painting was depicting a mother and daughter figure. Where the daughter's head was resting in her mother's lap and the mother was moving her hand down her head. The image was so simple, yet so meaningful. But the painting was still not complete. It looked like it hadn't been touched for years.

"Why is it not complete?" He asked her turning aside to face her.

"I...it is one of my father's collection. It's mom and me in the painting. He handed it to me when I was 11 years old just before he died. That was so many years ago and I still don't have the courage to finish it." She whispered moving her eyes toward the painting.

"So many times I try to touch it. I try to gather the strength to start it all over, every day. But when I lift the brush, I am not able to put it on the sheet. It's been happening to me for many years straight." She completed chuckling lightly trying to hide her pain, while a stray tear rolled down her eyes, without her notice.

Who knows better than Sidharth that how how broken the girl was and how strong she wanted to act. He was proud of how courageous and determined she was.