Chapter 31

"sana?" he asked his mom and chachi fearfully as soon as he entered the living room of the haveli.

'She's pregnant' chachi ji said smiling proudly

'Both, the baby and sana are fine" she added when she saw the concern in his eyes.

"She's pregnant" he mumbled under his breath. He couldn't quite embrace the announcement. "She's pregnant" the only thought crossed his mind.

"Beta now act more responsible , should take care of her" Chachi continued. but all he could think about was her announcement. Pregnant! A baby!

He felt his chest expand with an unexpected delight, a rush of excitement, relief and hope. Sana was having his baby. the words sat on his tongue, in his mind and in his chest like a light. "Sana is pregnant"

"How is she now?" He asked unable to hide the excitement in his voice. His eyes moved to the door, getting ready to rush upstairs to see her. He wanted so badly to hold her, tell her he loved her, to make sure she knew he would never ever let anything happen to her or their baby.

when he began to get up, eager to see his wife"Sidharth" mummy ji said holding hands making him look at her

"Doctor said we have to take a lot of care of her after what happened during her first time" chachi ji said concern filled in her eyes

"During her first time? what are you talking about?' he interrupted in confusion

Chachi ji gulped and then said the words that brought everything crashing down around him "she had a miscarriage three years ago"

He looked at her, stunned as his heart sunk. He couldn't hold himself, and tears filled his eyes.

"Doctor told she's still weak"

He felt numb. It was unbearable. He had lost his baby. My baby. These sentences repeated in his mind.

"Hold yourself sidharth beta she needs you now, she's carrying your baby" mummy ji caressed his face.

"Let her sleep for sometimes" chachi ji mumbled patting his back
He nodded walking upstairs.

He leaned his hand on the wall for support as he didn't feeI well. He loosened his tie and opened two buttons of his shirt as he couldn't breathe properly. He placed his hand on his chest, breathing deeply while tears were running down his cheeks.

His heart tightened in his chest. He opened and closed his mouth without managing to say anything. Oh my goodness! What did she go through?! We lost our baby. We lost.

He stared at her sleeping figure. She had lines on her forehead she looked scared. She was probably having a bad dream. He sat down beside her patted her forehead lightly

"Baby" he mumbled kissing on top of her head.

Infinite thoughts rotated around inside his head. It was unsettling. How could she not tell me she was pregnant? How could she hide it? That life was a part of me too!

Feeling of displeasure crashed inside his head at the thought of her actually making the decision not to tell him. How could she hide something of such extent?something so important in their lives........He thought silently over all the bitter possibilities.....

Then, alarmed he thought about the fact that it was him who had left her , He left her to deal with it all herself. She didn't have anyone to hearten her, or console her....His chest tightened at the thought of her being on her own through it all. What if I caused the miscarriage? The breakup precipitated the loss of our baby.