Twenty two : Uncover

Taehyung's heart was pounding so fast that he felt it would burst out of his chest any moment. He was seated on the couch with his hands clasped on his lap--trepidation embedded in his soul from the moment yoongi asked him to wait in one of the room.

Jimin was just beside him with nivi on his lap. Ami was seated on the bed with jungmin who's dozing off in her shoulder. It was almost dusk, the guests were left a hour ago or so, marking the end of the event.

The door opened and taehyung thought it happened very noisily as he oddly flinched. Jimin seemed to notice as he held his shoulder tightly.

Hoseok came into his view, then yoongi just behind him. The doctor had a blue file held in his left hand, his face stoic. Yoongi was worriedly watching him, it alone made his stress to rise a level up.

The doctor seemed to take a deep breath, bracing himself before dragging a chair nearer to where taehyung is seated. As he dropped the file on the low table, taehyung read the front print on it as jeon.

Jungkook's file.

Taehyung swallowed hardly as he glanced up at the doctor.

"This is the medical file Jeon." Hoseok said shortly.

"Jeon is his surname, i got to know it now only" That bewildered him, taehyung's frown made hoseok to sigh softly and decide to explain everything precisely.

"Jeon was admitted in the hospital of Daegu four years ago when i was working there."

Taehyung's heart sank, the roar of his blood resonating in his ears. Jimin alongside him also had somewhat the same expression as his.

"He... He was reported of committing suicide by jumping off the cliff situated in the north side of Daegu" Hoseok stammered, a glance shot at yoongi.

Yoongi nodded his head, telling him to continue. Hoseok dampened his lips, "He lost a lot of blood along with having severe bone fractures and traumatic brain injury"

"I never thought he'd be able to survive considering the concussion which apparently resulted in disturbance of his cerebral function."

Taehyung took the file on his hand, wanting a excuse to keep his eyes down. Jungkook did commit suicide. He knew it all these years but right now, it strikes his heart more painfully.

"Yet with the help of other doctors, he was able to breath properly with resting in coma for nearly one and half years."

Hoseok gulped hard hearing the small whimpers from taehyung who was trying his best to not let his sobs out of his mouth.

Nevertheless he continued, "doctors were treating him knowing there was no one to claim him, the hospital staffs filed a missing case and added posters but no one ever came in search of him"

This was the very part yoongi couldn't understand. He will have to do a close interrogation with the hospital staffs as he did went to the same hospital years ago in search of jungkook.

Hoseok turned nervous, watching taehyung's tears drop to his lap.

"When he woke up, he himself didn't knew who he was. I already expected there will be some effects of his brain injury and that was amnesia. He queried about himself while i instructed every staff to not let the patient know that he tried to committ suicide as it would worsen his state. So he was told that he got into a car accident."

"He was desperately trying to strain himself to at least remember his name but he simply couldn't. I introduced myself to him and told him his name is jeon...that's what the doctors wrote as the patient's name when he got admitted. The nurse informed me that the jeon name was given as it was found in one of his possession, apparently it was carved on his car keys"