Fifty three : Fear

The ticking of the clock seemed quite loud in the silent room, making it appear as if there was no one present in the room to break the complete stillness.

The front of taehyung's thin cotton shirt was getting crumbled by the tiny fingers of jungmin who lay beside his mama with sad frown frozen on his face.

"What is my baby thinking, hm?" Taehyung's soft voice snaps the little one out of his innocent thoughts.

Jungmin's pouting lips trembled a bit as he looks up to meet his mama's concerned eyes. "Mama"

Taehyung bites on his lips, his arms squeezing around jungmin fondly as he whispers, "Yes baby"

"Hanuel said he won't come to plway with me" His soft baby voice stutter out.

Taehyung frowns, thinking why hanuel-- jungmin's best friend won't be visiting their house on the summer vacations which starts from tomorrow as they both kids usually play around by visiting each other's house.

"Erm... Why? Is he going somewhere?" Jungmin glances at his mama, nodding his head. "His dada is taking him to places"

Taehyung bites on his lip nervously, tensed upon realising the reason behind jungmin's sad face.

Not that the kid is missing his bunny uncle for the first time but these months without jungkook did made jungmin somehow forget about his bunny uncle at times. Taehyung sticks around him almost all the time so that the loneliness won't bring the memories of jungkook.

At first it was difficult for the boy to not miss jungkook, but soon time helped him better--he's a small kid afterall. How long can he stick to something stressful! Compared to adults, it was easy for a kid to relax when proper love and care was given as a replacement.

And taehyung made sure of it very well. But just at times like this taehyung feels helpless, when remembering jungkook is so natural.

Taehyung plasters a happy smile, "Its okay baby. Your nivi noona will be there and also... Sam, Myung and what was his name...ah daeshim? Yeah, they'll will be there to play with my baby, hm?"

Jungmin puckered his lips more upon hearing his other friend's names, shaking his head as he mumbles, "But i will miss hanuel"

His bambi eyes suddenly got glossy which tends the boy to cuddle up closer to his mama, seeking his warmth and pressing his face to taehyung's chest. He muffles his voice, "He will be plwaying with his dada"

Taehyung chews on his bottom lip, feeling his stomach churning at the sensation of hurt filling from his son's voice.

"We can visit your halmeoni and harabeoji if you want?" Taehyung suggests, his voice soft and fragile as he caresses the boy's head lovingly, "Your halmeoni will bake lots of cheesecakes for you, hm?"

He thought talking about his parents with whom the little boy is quite attached would be a joyful distraction for jungmin. Taehyung's parents visit their only little grandson once in a while, but makes sure that visit becomes memorable to jungmin and it surely does.

But jungmin didn't miss his grandparents as he knows they'll be visiting him on time, whom he missed right now was too distant for his little hands to reach.

Jungmin responds by shaking his head. Taehyung purses his lips, "You don't want to go?"

Jungmin shakes his head again, still not raising his head to look up at his mama.

"What does my baby want then?" Taehyung suppresses the feeling of his aching heart as he keeps on trying to cheer his son.

"We can go for a vacation then, beach? waterparks? Anywhere you want."