Chapter 21

Becky pov
It's been more than 8 days now and I still won't leave my room even though this so called lord wants me to meet him but I keep rejecting, all I want is Venti by my side.

I finally got the chance to open the windows and how could I escape like seriously, this castle or whatever it is, were up in the sky.

If I did want to escape i would of done it by now, Mona kept on checking up on me if I ate or not but I had to eat or else the so called lord will get mad and punish one of the maids.

I don't want anyone punished because of me so I do what I'm told to do sometimes, I finally got the courage to wonder around the castle and found many interesting paintings.

I found one but it was Venti and I gasped, it was Venti with someone that looked like Diluc, on the painting it said "Traiter" But why Traiter?

I was about to touch it when someone grabbed my hand "DON'T TOUCH THAT PAINTING" The man said when I realized it was the lord of this castle and the so called god he is.

He let out and he knew he was hurting my wrist and I looked at it, when I saw a red mark on it and it hurt a lot.

I closed my eyes as the pain came from my wrist, the man came closer to me but I backed away, Venti would never hurt me like this.

I just turned around when I heard a growl behind me, is he an animal? Is all I could think of right now.

Mona saw my wrist as she came running to me, "Are you ok Becky? What happened?" Mona asked "Your so called Lord did this to me!" I said raising my voice when I regretted it.

"I'm sorry Mona I just can't handle it here anymore" I said looking down with water in my eyes, im all alone and no ones gonna come save me from this man.

"It's ok Becky, come on let's go get you cleaned up" Mona said as she softly grabbed my hand and lead me to the kitchen as she started bandaging my wrist.

"Who is your lord? And what kind of god is he?" I asked as Mona looked at me and she sighed "My lords name is Xiao, he was once just a normal man walking around saying hello to everyone he saw but one day a century ago something happened and the tyrants goddess died, and hell happened everywhere, everything was on fire but my lord couldn't do anything when he was chosen to be the god of animals but he rejected" Mona sighed while saying the last part.

"Xiao wanted Venti's power since the animal god can't do anything but talk to animals and that's all it can do and also heal animals too, since the tyrant died by himself everyone didn't know what to do so Xiao decided to build and make his own castle up in the sky and a barrier around it, which is why Venti can't smell you or sense you." Mona said looking right in your eye.

"Give my lord a chance, he just doesn't like Venti and he's been waiting for a goddess too, but he is a good and caring man inside" Mona said taking my hand in hers, but I nodded no.

"I'm sorry but no, I belong with Venti and him only" I said standing up, I don't care how caring Xiao is, all I care about is Venti and that's who I want to be with forever.

I left to go walk back to my room when Xiao was right in front of me as he looked at my wrist.

"I'm sorry for hurting your wrist" Xiao said looking down "It's um ok, I will go to my room now" I said walking but Xiao grabbed my waist as he pressed his lips against mine.

I tried and tried to push him off of me but he wouldn't budge, he was too strong and he deepened the kiss not wanting to stop.

"I can't resist you anymore" Xiao said as he carried me and opened the door to my bedroom, Oh no what's gonna happen.

Xiao put me down on my bed as he locked the door and kissed me again, I pushed him off of me as he growled in desperation "WHY ARE YOU HOLDING ME BACK!!" Xiao yelled and growled which I backed away.

I heard an alarm go off as Xiao unlocked the door and ran as to what was happening, What just happened? Was he gonna hurt me?

I just started crying when I hears Noelle fight, I got up and went out in the hallway as I saw Noelle and Diluc fight, I took off the bracelet as Diluc looked at me and he finished fighting everyone off.

They ran to me as Noelle hugged me and Diluc too "Your ok Becky, you had us worried!" Noelle said "Where's Venti?" I asked as they were about to speak when I felt someone look at me.

I saw Venti just look at me and he ran up to me and I ran to him too as he hugged me tight "I missed you" Venti said as his voice cracked as he started to cry on my shoulder.

"We have to go now, the barrier will close soon!" Jean said running up to us as she looked at me and smiled and I nodded understanding that she is happy to see me.

Venti grabbed my hand as we ran outside but how on earth are we getting down?

"Come on!!" Noelle said jumping off as I gasped "Don't worry there is slime down there so we will bounce off of it to the ground to stick a landing" Jean said looking at me as I nodded.

Venti picked me up as we both jumped off and he sticked the landing while carrying me, he kissed me hard as he had the sheet.

I never got to say this but I really have missed the sheet on my wrist but Venti saw the bandage as he pulled up my sleeve.

His eyes turned from relieved to angry as we heard someone clap as we went out of the barrier on time.

"Well hello Venti what a pleasure to see you again" Xiao asked as he was hiding with Signora "You hurt her!!" Venti raised his voice "I did but that was on accident since she was about to touch your hopeless painting that i have from you" Xiao said as he looked at me with hunger.

"You won't keep her this time because for once I deserve a goddess unlike you Venti!" Xiao said as he started to get hungry as I still didn't have my sheet on my wrist.

I put it on as I heard Venti sigh in relief but before I knew it Xiao came in for an attack!!