Borra has been thinking

Borra POV

It was a warm day and I was just sitting by a pond with Oliver, eating our lunch. We were just talking about random stuff when I asked "So how did you feel when you proposed to Jane". Oliver said "I felt nervous. I wasn't sure if she was going to say yes or no but at the same time I was excited because I knew that this was the woman I wanted to marry". I then asked "Why haven't you and Jane had any children". Oliver with a sad smile said "Jane just can't have children. Most men wouldn't even want to be with Jane if they found out she can't have children. It's not like we haven't tried but when he found out she couldn't, we just expected it". I said with a small smile "I guess that's also why you wanted to adopt y/n". Oliver smile and said "Yep". I sighed and said "Oliver...I know you and I didn't get along very well when we first met. The reason I asked you about how you felt when proposing towards Jane is because, even though Y/n and I are mates we aren't really married. So I've been thinking proposing". Oliver went wide eyes and asked "Did you tell her". I said "No, but I feel like we are ready but I'm scared of what she may say. She may not want to be with me". Oliver slightly laughed and said "You two have been together for 16 years. I think you two are ready". Then y/n came up to us with a smile of her face. I asked a little scared "What are you smiling about". Y/n laughed and said "I'm laughing because neither of you noticed that a squirrel just took your lunch". I turned to see a fluffy grey and brown squirrel running away with Oliver and I's lunch. Oliver and I ran after the squirrel as y/n continued to laugh. I think Oliver is right. I think I am ready to marry y/n. I know she loves me and I most definitely love y/n. She has forgiven me for all my mistakes. I love her so much and nothing can ever change that.