•Wilbur just needs reassurance (Dreamsoot)•

Made on: 3rd of December 2020
Published on: 24th of December 2020

It was very common for Wilbur to have nightmares, no matter how many therapists he would visit, the medicine he would take, no matter the amount it would never work. So he just learned how to adapt to it and live with 1 hour of sleep per day. But when he got together with Dream, he figured something out he slept way easier with Dream around and when he first shared a bed with Dream, he got some sleep, not the ideal amount but better than normal. But gradually the nightmares began to come back at full force.

So whenever he now had a nightmare, he could count on Dream to be there for him every step of the way. But when the nightmares figured out that Dream was important to him that opened a whole new world of scary.

He was in a cliff, the sky was bloodred but the scenery was normal, green grass and everything. But this was a nightmare what was wrong??

"Hi Wil~"

Wilbur's heart jumped out of his chest when he realized, not only that Dream was in his nightmare but that he was standing at the absolute edge of the cliff, one blow of wind and he's a goner.

"You see the view?"

Wilbur rapidly nodded his head and slightly reached his hand out to try and convince Dream to not do the inevitable. Though, his attempts were in vain, Dream stepped back and fell. . . and 

fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell
fell

The ground shook, in fact everything was shaking. Faint noises were heard but were too far away to be heard

"-ake up!! -Wil- wake -p!!"

Wilbur shot up in a cold sweat, heart pumping, fucking up his breathing.

"Hey honey. . ."
"Nonononononononono. . ."
"Honey?"

"You're dead!" Wilbur points a finger at his chest to check if he was real. "No honey, I'm right here. . ." Dream wrapped Wilbur in a hug and whispered comforting things in his ear. Though, it was supposed to cease Wilbur's crying it only enhanced but Dream let them fall, not caring if his jacket got soaked. 

"I'm right here baby. .. "
"Will you be here forever?" Wilbur asked through sniffles
"Forever and always."

Wilbur breathing calmed at this statement and his breathing started to even out more, to the point where Dream would think he was asleep again and in fact he was. Though, Dream wanted to know more about the nightmare but as long as Wilbur was safe, he couldn't care less. While Wilbur was still asleep, he readjusted himself so Wilbur's head was on his chest and legs intertwined, securing his arms around Wilbur's waist.

Word Count: 448