It's Okay Now

Mom just called me down because breakfast was ready. Of course Yukimi was the one to cook it.

   "Good morning mom!" I gave her a hug. I can't remember the last time her one day off a week was actually a day off for her. Luckily for me it was the weekend.

   "Good morning, sweety. How did you sleep?"

   "Pretty well!" I smiled at her. I always loved spending time with her.

    "There was something I've been wanting to talk to you about."

   "Oh?" I looked at Yukimi who was cooking. When she heard that she stopped and looked at mom too. Normally she would know. I got a tight feeling in my chest. What wouldn't she first talk to Yukimi about?

   "I know how much you enjoy going to school and how much you want to become a hero in the future, and I've looked into it there are a lot of other hero institutes you could join. So i-"

   "WHAT!?" Yukimi and I yell at the same time.

   "Yukimi, please this is between your sister and I."

   "You cannot take her out of that school!"

   When they start fighting is when I leave, but this is something I care a lot about.

   "You don't understand Yukimi!! This is for her safety! She has already been attacked by villains TWICE!!"

   I heard a knock at the door and I snuck away before they noticed. I opened the door and it was Kacchan walking away. I ran after him barefoot, grabbed his arm and dragged him back inside. "Stay put, be ready if things get out of hand." I ignored his confused expression and ran back into the kitchen.

   They were both still yelling at each other. "I want to stay in UA."

   "IF YOU HAD BEEN HERE YOU WOULD KNOW HOW MUCH SHE LOVES IT!" Yukimi yelled at mom

   "I do love it there I have so many-"

   "IT'S MY JOB TO PROTECT HER!" Mom shouted back.

   "I can protect mysel-"

   "YOU WON'T LISTEN TO ME!! I GUESS THIS IS WHY DAD HAD TO CHEA-"

   "SHUT UP!!" It was my turn. That had been the loudest I've ever shouted at them, but I had to. Yukimi was about to say something devastating. They both looked shocked at me. "Now, if you wouldn't mind me interfering in this argument about my future. I want to stay in UA. I have so many friends there and I can take care of myself."

   "But twice, you were attacked by villains! You were even kidnapped." Mom said.

   "Yes I know that, I was there." I said dryly. "But both times I came out of it, and so did the rest of my classmates! Look at me!" I moved my arms and legs around, "I'm intact! I get that you're worried about me, but I'm exactly where I need to be."

   "Honey, I love you and you know that. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you at that school."

   "Everyday people are at risk from being attacked by villains or some freak accident that kills them or leaves them paralyzed. Ever since I joined UA, I've been surrounded by heros more than half my day and hero trainees to boot. I'm safer at school than anywhere else in the whole world!"

   She didn't say anything. My heart was pounding waiting for her response. That was my best argument. If she said no I have nothing to counter it with. "Okay, you win."

   "Oh thank you, mom!!" I ran and hugged her. "Now, I think you and Yukimi should talk about what she said. I have to go."

   I walked out of the kitchen, grabbed Kacchan, and left the house. Once out I looked at him and he still wore the dumb expression.