Important Note

Hey Loves!

I've been seeing and reading a lot of comments and some dms from you guys, and I really want to address some big issues.  Remember, I'm happy to hear your opinions and see what you write, so continue to do so!

Here's what I wanted to say:

I do not condone rape, abuse, manipulation, popularizing/romanticizing mental illness, or cheating.

I do not believe that individuals should stay in a toxic or unsafe relationship.

I do not believe that because of ones past, they are given special treatment and are not held responsible for their actions.

Rape, abuse, manipulation, and popularizing/romanticizing mental illness are horrible and disgusting.  I believe ANYONE who does this is wrong and incredibly insensitive.  

The character Cassie is not excused for her actions.  Explaining her past and her mental state is simply to explain why she had that behavior.  Cassie was and forever will be wrong for her actions to Ani in the novel.

My goal for this book was to open the truth many face on the daily.  People are trapped in toxic relationships because they do not see the red flags.  Women and men face emotional abuse and manipulation from those they love, constantly, and get so used to it they do not register the harm.  People are raped by their significant others, but do not register it as rape because they believe you cannot rape someone you are dating.

The actions/story of Ani and Cassie as teenagers, is the accurate and true depiction of many modern day relationships.  Instead of having it be hidden and unspoken, I wanted to shine light on it and have people identify the patterns. 

The actions/story of Ani and Cassie as adults, is to demonstrate how it SHOULD HAVE BEEN.  Being abused or facing any of the issues I have stated before can be resolved through communication, seeking help, and educating yourself.

I wanted to show the outcomes that come from that particular scenario:

Ani and Cassie as high schoolers: what happens when you ignore and hide the truth of people's lives/situations.

Ani and Cassie as Adults: what happens when you take proper and healthy measures.

Once again, I DO NOT CONDONE RAPE, MANIPULATION, ABUSE, AND POPULARIZING/ROMANTICIZING MENTAL ILLNESS.

Please, if you find yourself in ANY of those situations, go find help.

If you are being abused, report it.

If you are a victim of abuse, you can break the cycle.

If you are an abuser, it's not too late to stop and change.