November 3rd, 1945

🌋🌋TRIGGER WARNING: MISCARRIAGE🌋🌋

The week of the plane:

Emily sat in her mother's living room, along with her mom and Steve's mom. They hadn't heard from Steve or Bucky in a week. A knock came at the door.

"I'll get it." She said

She opened the door to a red eyed Peggy Carter.

"Is this the Barnes residence?" Peggy asked

Emily took a deep breath, gripping the letter to Steve that was in her pocket.

"Yes. Steve's mom is here too." She said "we're waiting to hear from them."

Peggy's breathe caught in her throat.

"I-I regret to inform you that Bucky Barnes is missing in action."

Emily let out a small scream.

"He is presumed dead."

Emily gripped her locket.

"And Steve?" She asked as her other hand moved to her slightly protruding stomach.

Peggy's eyes followed her hand. You could see her heart break a little.

"Steve Roger's plane went down somewhere over the Pacific." Peggy said "I'm sorry for your loss."

Emily let out a scream of agony as she hit the floor. She hugged her stomach. Peggy took a deep breath, seeming to gather her pride. She hit the floor next to Emily.

"Come on love." She said sweetly "This isn't good for you or that child. Get up. We'll get through this."

Pain racked Emily's body as her's and Steve's mothers came running. Behind Peggy stood Howard Stark, holding two folded flags. Their cries rang out behind Emily. She began crying harder. Her upper body collapsed. Peggy tried to catch her. Howard was now next to her.

"Steve lives on in that child. Survive for his child." She whispered to Emily.

"Child?" He whispered

His eyes shot between the two women. He stroked Emily's hair and picked her up after a while. His hand became covered in blood.

"Peggy." He said shakily "Where's the nearest hospital?"

He showed her his hand.

"Get her to the car." Peggy said, scared for Emily.