winter

"Tony!" Emily  yelled "We can't just stand by and wait for something to happen?"

  "I don't know what you want me to do." Tony replied "I'd love to find them but until we have some sort of clues we can't."

"They're your friends." Emily said

"Steve is my friend. Bucky is my sister's boyfriend." He replied "There's a difference."

"Bucky is my brother!" Emily yelled.

River had stayed quiet in the corner until now.

"If anything happens to them, I'll kill you myself." She warned "Brother or not."

River stormed out of the office just as Bucky entered, carrying an unconscious Steve.

"A little help!" Bucky yelled, weakly

The worry Tony had been suppressing came into his eyes. He grabbed Emily's arm and walked with her towards them. At the sight of Steve's body, Emily screamed and tried to run towards them. Tony wrapped his arms around her waist.

  "He's alive." Bucky said "Just unconscious."

    Emily wiggled from Tony's grasp and ran over to them. She embraced her brother as best she could then cradled Steve's face in her hands.

  "Baby?" She said tearfully "Baby wake up."

Vision hovered nearby.

"Those burn marks are consistent with a cattle prod." He said.

"What?" River asked, examining the burns on Bucky's arms.

  Bucky walked over and laid Steve on the couch. He was still unresponsive.

  "He's been through a lot tonight." He said "including having not trigger the winter soldier to escape."

"What?" Emily asked

"You did what!" River yelled

"I'll explain later." He sighed.

"No." Emily said "You won't. Tony could you move Steve to our room? I'd like to wait for him to wake up, alone."

Tony obliged. Emily walked into her room and sat on the bed. Her head was killing her and she couldn't stop shaking.

  ----------------

May 1960:

Emily Barnes flew across a metal room as Bucky stalked towards her.

"Get up." He said in Russian.

"James, please. It's me. It's milly." She replied.

"I said get up!" He said, grabbing her by her throat "Fight back."

She was shaking.

"No Bucky. I won't fight you."

Her threw her across the room and her head hit the floor. Hard. The world went black.