13 The Worst is Yet to Come

Chapter 13

I walked down the hall, with the whole gang around me. It felt nice to not be arguing with them all anymore. The others wanted to be caught up as to what I had been doing most of the time while they had been out of my sight. Christmas was right around the corner, and the only way that first and second years could get presents was to order them. I was hoarding order forms excessively... Kevin would hang out with us occasionally, and soon, the demigods were the only people I was ever seen with. I was a lot happier those days when we tried out weapons in the demigod dorms, and sent Iris Messages to people at camp. The days that I was happiest on though, were the weekends, we would try and get all of the first years to go out and have a snowball fight by the greenhouses. The days that we were most successful on was when there were Hogsmead weekends, and even the Slytherins would join us. A lot of people talked to me than before. Overall, life was a lot better, for all of us. Christmas Eve, all of the Demigods were sitting in the Gryffindor common room, enjoying pumpkin juice, and chatting away. I turned to Raven.

"Why were you named Raven, I mean it's not a common name right?" I cocked my head, and Raven just shrugged.

"I don't really know why my parents named me how they named me." She gazed out as if she was pondering the subject. Caleb turned from where he was talking with Xavier.

"Why didn't we go to camp for winter break? We would like to see the place that we will be spending our summers at from now on." I bit my lip, unsure how to answer Caleb's question.

"I don't really know what transportation, and there were so many demigods in the first week, I don't want to take chances and come back to discover a demigod or two was killed by some monsters or something. The most valuable pieces in the war against Voldemort could be any stray demigods." We froze when we heard footsteps emitting from the boys staircase. In unison, our heads turned to the source of the disruption. We watched as a tall second year boy stepped out of the shadows. Caleb was the only one who was able to speak at all.

"Tatlock what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be sleeping like a good second year?" The boy's head snapped towards his voice.

"I should ask you the same question. It is extremely late, in fact it is ten thirty." Suddenly he collapsed, and we looked up incredulously.

"Did you guys want to get caught talking about demigods? Hopefully he will forget everything so... Where are we going to put him? Uh... Guys?" We all stared at Alisa in amazement. I heard her clear her throat uncertainly. "So I was smart for once, can we just figure something out before he wakes up?" I stood up.

"Yeah... We should probably just carry him to the demigod dorms. That is the only place that we can have full control over him. I can keep watch over him until he wakes up." Caleb laughed.

"What, and then when he does you and him will make out endlessly?" I hit him with a cushion.

"Caleb Hansen you have a dirty mind! I don't know him at all, and didn't even know he existed until the younger year snowball fight last Hogsmead trip when he was the captain for the second year Gryffindors last week!" Caleb laughed, and returned the favor by hitting me with a pillow. Raven tried to break it up by throwing a cushion at us, and Alisa hit her atop her head. Soon enough the four of us were in a full blown pillow fight. Someone cleared their throat, and we froze in fear, thinking it was another second year coming to scold us. Instead it was Xavier standing next to Tatlock's limp body.

"We should probably get him to the dorms soon, and clean this mess up." He gestured to the empty glasses and pillows lying about. I laughed nervously, and started to straighten up the area. Once we had gotten everything in order, we addressed the issue of Tatlock.