Chapter 23 - Hermione's POV

*6 months later*

Today was the day! Today was the day they officially took my cast off. I was beyond excited. I had spent some time working on my apparating and found that if I wasn’t side a long it wasn’t as bad. Draco and I had been dating for 6 months and we were extremely happy. Even my nightmares were almost gone! I hadn’t had one in almost a month. I finally healing and getting better.

I finished washing the salt water, from my quick swim, off of me and dried off. I made my way to the closet and chose Draco’s favorite ripped black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and some black boots. I had learned that Draco tended to like me in a more dark color aesthetic. I had always gravitated towards them and now I had an actual reason. I added some eyeliner, mascara and a red lip. Brushed my hair out and walked to the kitchen where I could smell pancakes and coffee. When I got there I was greeted with a sight of Draco dancing to some song on the radio while he cooked. He hadn’t noticed I was watching him until he turned around and jumped.

“Bloody hell love! You fucking scared me!” I started laughing and laughed even more when he glared at me. “You think that’s funny then? You’re lucky you’re so beautiful. If not we’d have a serious problem.” I chuckled even more and hopped up on the counter. I pulled him towards me by the shirt. He settled himself between my legs and wrapped his hands around my waist. I closed my eyes and kissed him tenderly. He kissed me back and deepened our kiss. Once again though, he stopped before we got too carried away and moved back to the pancakes. I couldn’t wait to get this stupid cast off finally.

We finished having breakfast and he went to get ready. When he walked out I noticed we matched. He was wearing ripped black jeans, a black long sleeve shirt and some boots. He looked beautiful as always. I loved that he wasn’t always about suits and expensive looking clothes and knew how to dress relaxed. He winked at me before grabbing my hand. I apparated us to the doctor’s office and signed in. Not even 5 minutes later I was being called in.

“Well Miss Granger, your hand is finally healed! Because we kept the cast on for an extra 3 months and you’ve been swimming, you won’t be needing therapy. As of today, you’re free to do whatever you want. Congratulations!” I beamed up Draco. I was giddy with the excitement of being able to use my hand again. 15 minutes later the cast had been removed and I was finally free! 9 months of healing and I was finally able to do whatever I wanted, which meant I could finally be with Draco. Hopefully he would still want me afterwards.