Chapter 25

Luck, as they say, is random good fortune.

It could be manifested when you fall sick and miss a hard, impromptu test or perhaps when you bend while tying your shoelace and avoid getting splashed by dirty rainwater.

Luck is manifested in so many ways and often, we all experience luck in one way or the other. Perhaps you could even be lucky enough to win the lottery or be lucky enough to guess the correct answers in a scholarship exam.

Selene wasn't always lucky—her mother had died on her birthday and her life was barely filled with excitement. She had occasionally experienced random good fortune but that night at the pool, her luck tilted towards the negative side.

As she stood naked, watching the bushes rustled, the moon decided to come out from behind the clouds. Milky moonlight shone directly on her naked body like a spotlight on a stripper. She searched frantically for cover and shade but before she could hide, someone stepped out of the bushes.

"Holy shit!" Benjamin gasped with his mouth wide open. He was so stunned that he 'forgot' to be a gentleman and look away at once.

His golden eyes had properly accessed her naked body before he remembered to shut them. He turned around with what sounded like a mixture of a gasp and a sneeze.

"Selene? I don't mean to point out the obvious but you're not dressed. Is there a reason you're naked? Or are you wearing clothes that make you appear naked?" He said in a hopeful voice.

"Don't be daft! I'm naked." Selene covered her essentials with her small hands.

"Sweet goddess. Merciful goddess. Forgive me for I have sinned..." Benjamin started saying.

"Hey! It's not like I planned to seduce you! You're not supposed to be here! Did you steal my clothes?" Selene demanded.

"Steal? Clothes? Sweet goddess. Merciful goddess..." he sounded like he was choking.

"You didn't see anything, did you?" Selene sounded close to tears. The cold night air slapped her naked skin hard but not as hard as the realization that Benjamin had just seen her naked! All her stretch-marks and hairy body parts were out for him to see!

"Sweet goddess. I have sinned. Forgive my sinful thoughts..." Benjamin said louder like he was afraid to answer her question.

He had obviously seen a lot. Selene wanted to scream at him to shut up. She kept searching for some sort of cover but she couldn't find any. Benjamin eventually finished his prayers for forgiveness and cleared his throat.

"You need to get dressed, Selene. If indeed you are Selene and not a figment of my lustful imagination. A handful of guys are coming here and most of them are with their cell phones! Didn't you hear that some guys like coming here after dinner? And you're.....you know! Oh, sweet goddess! Merciful goddess..." Benjamin sounded like he was about to have a heart attack.

"Someone stole my clothes! Guys are coming here? I didn't know that! If I did, I wouldn't even dream of coming here!" Selene snapped.

"Why...? Never mind." Benjamin started taking off his hoodie. He still kept muttering his prayers for forgiveness as he took off his hoodie. He was wearing a black singlet which was the closest Selene had come to seeing him shirtless(the truth or dare game didn't count).

He covered his eyes tightly with one hand and stretched the hoodie to her with the fingertips of his other hand like he was scared to even touch the nails of a naked girl.

Beggars couldn't be choosers. Selene stretched her hands and grabbed it from him. She pulled the hoodie over her body gratefully. The hoodie which had been baggy on him completely covered her and ended mid-thigh.