Epilogue: You Never Walk Alone

Hiiiii
Finally here with epilogue BUT there is separate one for Yoonmin which i did not include it here. I will post it later.

********************************************************

Namjoon takes a glass of deep red wine from the tray a servant is holding and walks to Seokjin, eyes not leaving the man who is sitting in the corner of cho's family mansion all alone, staring at his own glass of champagne as if there is something interesting floating in the yellow liquide. Seokjin is talking to some old men he can't bother remembering their names but frankly he looks like he needs to be saved, so he grabs his arms and wears a polite smile. "Mind if I borrow him for a second?"

With a bow, Namjoon drags the older man away, it's hard to find a quite place in the main hall. A mess of crowd all wearing black, fake mourning. Everyone knows they're here to meet people and snatch opportunities. He had seen it all the past three days in the mourning hall. Fake tears, fake sadness... a bunch of fake son of a bitches. If it wasn't for traditions, he would have never held a funeral for any of them. To have these people anywhere around their memorial was an insult to his name and memory.

Namjoons chugs down the wine and puts the glass on the closest table before letting go of the other man's arm. He points toward Hoseok who is still looking distant to this world. "Why did you bring him here?"

Seokjin shrugged. "He looked like he didn't want to go home so I offered him to join our little gathering."

Little...

Namjoon wants to scoff.

The older man continues. "He is sad. He has lost his only family member. I didn't want to leave him alone in a house that reminds him of every person he has ever had."

Namjoon's tongue pokes the inside of his mouth, lifting his brows. "Is that so?"

Seokjin frowns. "What are you implying?"

"Hoseok is smart. First in his class. A soon-to-be lawyer."

"Do you really think I'm such a jerk?" Seokjin snaps, crossing his arms against his chest. "I promised Jimin to take care of his brother."

Namjoon arches his brows, tilting his head to the side. "Why would Jimin say that when he was still alive?"

Seokjin's lips part, eyes shifting. He swallows hard and takes a deep breathe. "I- he... was... scared. Yes. He was." He nods his head. "Our line of work is dangerous and we do not know when we're going to run out of luck and he was worried about his brother so... you know..."

Namjoon licks his lips, sending Hoseok a quick glance. "So no other motivation?"

"I swear I have no intention of bringing harm to him. If he ever decides to join us, by his own choice, he is very welcome but not now, not ever, I'd ask or manipulate him into this world. I'm not making another mistake."

Namjoon sighs, letting his arms drop before resting side way on the wall. "You know I'm just-" He heaves another sigh as he rubs on his face roughly.

"I know..." Seokjin murmurs softly, placing a hand on the other man's shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze. "I miss them too."

"I should have gone with them that night... I-"

"It wasn't your fault."

Namjoon opens his mouth to argue but a new voice makes him smack his lips and look away.

"This shit is fucking disrespectful." Taehyung whines as he places the seat he has been carrying between the two and drops on it. "A bunch of old vulchers gathering in the name of honoring the late boss but all they do is conspiring over how to get the most benefit out of this new change. Motherfuckers don't know your reign is their hell."