Chapter 1

No one POV

Alex got out of his Aunty's car, waving good bye to her. He had just moved to New York from A small town in the Caribbean to live with his Aunt and go to school.

He walks into the tall building and finds the front desk. He was annoyed he was starting halfway through the year but still happy to be coming at all.

"Hi, I'm Alexander Hamilton and this is my first day" he says awkwardly approaching the lady at the desk.

"Ah yes Mr Hamilton, here is your timetable, a map and your locker number and code." She hands him some papers.

"Thank you" he starts walking away while looking down at the map.

Alex POV (trigger warning: homophobic slurs)

I walk through the doors and see students everywhere, there's still like 10 minutes until the bell rings so I have time to find my first class.

I find myself walking down a hallway where my class is supposed to be. I look down at the map and turn back around, Ugh I went the wrong way.

I start walking back but I suddenly fall on the floor when I run into someone "sorry" we both say at the same time. The boy stretches out his hand for me and I take it.

Holy shit! He's so cute! Omg his hair and freckles and eyes and literally everything about him! Ok chill out Alex this is a new school, new people who are probably straight. I can't get a crush and I can't get in a relationship it's not fair to the other person. But damn he really gotta be that cute tho.

"Uh thanks" I say like an idiot.

"Got a new boyfriend John?" A guy with poofy hair says appearing behind the guy with the guy with freckles.

"Leave me alone Jefferson" he scoffs.

"Fine, I don't wanna be around you fags anyway" the guy with the poofy hair walks away.

I try to run after him to punch him, who the fuck says stuff like that? "Don't bother, he's not worth it" the guy with the freckles, I gotta find out this guys name, grabs my wrist.

"But he can't say stuff like that. I don't care who he is" I say.

"I've tried trust me, that's Thomas Jefferson probably the most homophobic person in this school even thought it looks like he's dating his friend James. Last time someone stood up to him they got pretty badly hurt" he explains.

"Well that sucks. Anyways I'm Alexander Hamilton or just Alex, this is my first day"

"John Laurens, and no offence but it's kinda obvious" he smiles.

"Oh great that was just what I was going for" I sigh

"No it's ok, Can I see your timetable?" I nod and hand it to him "oh cool we have pretty much all the same classes, come on I'll show you where our firsts class is" he offers and I follow him.

John POV

Damn this guys cute, like he has these Adorable puppy eyes and- oh fuck I can't have. Crush on him already! Come on John he's probably straight, but then again he did seem mad about Jefferson, but he could also just be a nice guy. Ugh I'll get Peggy to find out later she could tell someone's sexuality and crush from a mile away.

We start walking to our first class which is History with Mr.Washington. When we get there we still have like 2 minutes until class starts. I decide to try to start a conversation "So Alex where did you go to school before here?" I ask

"Uhh... um just a small school in the Caribbean" he says nervously which I find odd.

"Cool." We sit in silence for a minute, then Lafayette and Hercules come up to us.