Chapter 6-1: Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

Fred was right, within just a few weeks of Delaney being back home Lupin seemed to be in better spirits. She had to admit the first week was pretty rough around the house. But Delaney knew there was something else that was making him feel worse than he would have before. That was something she had yet to figure out.

Over the first month of summer holiday, Delaney was able to get Lupin laughing again. It had been hard at first but with her being around and the occasional visits from Tonks, things were looking up. Delaney herself even started feeling better. She realized that her power really was a gift that could help her if she just listened to what her gut was telling her about it. Her spirits would be even higher when Fred would come to visit her. But with the grand opening of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes approaching quite quickly, those visits seemed to have slowed. However, that wouldn't be a problem for the next two days because Delaney agreed to help Fred in the shop for the grand opening after she made sure Lupin would be alright.

"Do you have everything you need?" Lupin asked, standing against the doorframe of her room.

"Yep," she grinned, grabbing her bag from her bed.

"Be sure to be safe while you're down there. There are a lot of business owners disappearing at Diagon Alley. Of course, you also know the other way I mean," he raised his eyebrows with a slight grin on his face.

"Remus, please. I'm just going down there to help him and George with the shop for the grand opening. Sure I'll be staying at their flat above the shop but I can almost guarantee we'll all be focused on business," she laughed. Lupin must have spoken to Ron about her and Fred.

"Oh alright," he chuckled, pulling Delaney in for a hug. "But I mean it, be careful down there. There's no telling who or what Voldemort wants right now."

"I will, I promise. Besides, I'm sure I'll have a vision if anything drastic is going to happen. They've grown more frequent lately and they don't only show serious things like death now, thank goodness," she pulled from their hug to look at him with a reassuring expression.

"Then let's only hope that you don't have a vision," Lupin grinned but it barely met his eye. It was then that the sound of the fire roaring to life for only a second sounded from downstairs. "Sounds like he's here."

Delaney's face lit up and a smile grew large on her face as she ran down the stairs. Sure enough, a tall, ginger-headed man stood looking at the pictures sitting on the shelves. "Fred!"

"Uh, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages," he smiled, wrapping his arms firmly around her body and lifting her in the air.

"Well that can happen when a businessman like yourself is getting ready for his grand opening," she smiled, gently connecting their lips for a quick peck.

"Now that you're going to be with me it will make it all the more special," he smiled. Lupin could be heard clearing his throat from the other side of the sitting room. Fred gently put Delaney back on the ground. "Oh, it's nice to see you again Remus. I can't thank you enough for letting her stay with me while George and I get ready to open the shop."

"Ah, well I could see it was important to her to be there for you," he grinned. "I would, however, like to remind you to keep the funny business down to a minimum," he pointed his finger towards Fred.

Delaney playfully rolled her eyes whilst shaking her head. Why was he being so protective now?

"I couldn't imagine anything different," Fred grinned, subtly placing his hand on the small of her back. Shivers danced down her spine. "Oh, look at the time. We need to get back to the shop."

"Keep her safe for me," Lupin said, extending his hand for Fred to shake.

"I wouldn't dream of doing anything less than ensuring she's safe," Fred shook his hand, glancing towards Delaney and then back to Lupin.