➵ That Girl is Poison

The girls, sans the blonde, were walking down the street leading to the Grille on a breezy autumn night

The girls, sans the blonde, were walking down the street leading to the Grille on a breezy autumn night. Ever since Caleb had broken up with her, Hanna had been moping around in her house, refusing to come out.

"I thought Hanna was joining us for dinner", Emily voiced, as they turned the corner.

"Hanna hasn't eaten since Tuesday", Avery sighed, "Well, apart from a mountain load of jumbo chips and mozzarella sticks." 

"Should we grab a pizza and go over there?", Spencer suggested.

"Not unless the topping is Caleb", Avery deadpanned.

"If you guys want to go see her, can you just go without me?", Aria pleaded, "I already feel bad enough that I convinced her to tell Caleb."

"With or without you she was backed into a corner", Emily comforted the shortest of the group.

"This A does not feel like a high school girl playing games", Spencer scoffed.

"You know what?", Aria inhaled, once the gravity of the situation descended on her, "I'm not really hungry."

"Me neither", Avery added.

"My stomach's in a knot", Emily frowned.

"So's my neck", Spencer complained, "I haven't been able to brush the back of my head in, like, a year and a half."

"Yet there you go with your perfect hair", Avery joked, trying to lighten the sombre mood, but quickly realized Spencer was still worried about Wilden's supposedly innocent question about how far the lake house was from the Hastings house. That's right, he was back.

"Spence, don't let them freak you out", Emily sighed, "If the police really knew that we were lying about the lake house-"

"-Not just the lake house. What about the negatives of that picture, Ali's missing body, all the things we buried with her; any of that could get us arrested", Spencer countered, before clutching her neck in pain, "It's my neck again."

The sound of sirens wailing, and ambulances rushing past, brought their attention to it. Emily's face slightly contorted in sadness; the last time this happened, she ended up losing her love.

"Are they going to Jenna's?", Aria wondered.

Avery recognized the house the ambulance had stopped in front of, "Garrett's", she turned around to face the others, "Who else lives in his house besides his parents?"

"I don't think they've been outside since he was arrested", Emily whispered.

"Having a son in jail for two murders might keep you indoors", Spencer scoffed, as the four watched the medics enter the house and bring a frail old lady out in a stretcher. Emily gasped in recognition, "That's his mom. That's Mrs. Reynolds."

"You guys", Aria tugged on Avery's sleeve, before pointing towards the bushes near the house.

"What?", Avery asked when she noticed Aria's stunned face, "What is it?"