➵ Please, Do Talk about Me When I'm Gone

The day of Alison's memorial was closing in, soon

The day of Alison's memorial was closing in, soon. Avery helped Spencer and Aria carry a large wooden crate through her kitchen. She phewed in happiness when they finally placed in on the countertop.

"I was afraid she wouldn't get it done in time for the memorial", Aria confesses.

"This was someone from your mom's gallery?", Hanna asked Aria.

"Right."

"Where is your mom?", Avery questioned sadly, knowing what had happened between Arias parents. She was almost as upset as Aria, since they were the only parent-figures that she had ever since her own parents passed away.

"There's an apartment above the gallery. So she's staying there. For now."

"Kind of weird, isn't it?", Hanna mused,"Your mom moving out."

"Yeah, like my dad should have left. That's what you'd expect."

"Aria", Spencer exclaimed apologetically,"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. The whole thing just sucks."

"Did anyone call Shelly Leonard?", Emily interrupted, changing the topic much to Arias appreciation.

"Done. I told her that if she plays anything depressing, I will kick in her cello."

Hanna chuckled,"Oh, what about the program?"

"Almost done. But we should finish it before Ali's brother gets here tomorrow."

"When is he arriving?"

"Tonight, I guess "

"What?", Avery exclaimed,"No, He is already here!".She glanced around at the girls' confused faces, before realizing that she had forgotten to inform the girls about Jason's arrival. Mentally groaning at her own forgetfulness, she shot them and awkward smile, "Uh, yea. He got here some days ago. He's been staying in my house."

"What?!", the girls shrieked collectively. Avery winced at their loudness,"Gosh, Ben asked him to stay."

" Why did you not think of telling us?", Spencer shot, narrowing her eyes curiously.

" It slipped out of my mind okay?", Avery shrugged, before clapping," Now moving on-"

"God, you know what?", Hanna interrupted,"I barely remember Jason."

"We didn't know him", Aria shrugged,"He was just Ali's older brother down the hall."

"Behind the closed door."

Emily smiled warmly,"With his hardcore-punk music vibrating the floor boards." The girls erupted in laughter, recalling Jason and his antics.

"How did he get into an Ivy League school?", Aria mused.

"I don't know", Spencer shook her head,"It must've been affirmative action for goths and emos."

"Hey!", Avery defended,"He is actually pretty smart, you know. His SAT score was apparently really good or something."