➵ Birds of a Feather

Even the bittersweet flavour of the chocolate slice the girls were devouring in the middle of Applerose Grille, didn't help take their minds off of Jenna

Even the bittersweet flavour of the chocolate slice the girls were devouring in the middle of Applerose Grille, didn't help take their minds off of Jenna. Avery sat in between Emily and Hanna, staring out of the entrance pensively.

"Do we really believe that Jenna was off on a joyride that night?", Aria questioned, before Spencer promptly added, "Or was it her plan to take Emily to Ali's grave all along?"

Avery shrugged, "Seemed to me like she was scared of someone."

"And it seemed like she was blind for five months when she wasn't", Emily argued.

Hanna hissed in annoyance, "For purposes of my head not exploding, could we just say that she is telling the truth?"

"Well, that would mean that we could cross her off the new A list", Aria stated, "What about Lucas?"

"No way. He might be a little unhinged lately, but he's not capable of digging up a grave."

"Guys, all roads lead back to the Black Swan and the Zombie Baby", Spencer sighed, "We know that they were working with Mona, the sketches were in her lair."

Their conversation was cut short by Melissa making her way towards the table, "Spencer, mom wants to know if you want anything else."

"Uh, no", Spencer looked up with a smile, "Thank you"

Hanna stared at Melissa who was made her way back to the end of the restaurant, where Mrs. Hastings was, with an envious look on her face, "Melissa looks great. She's back to being size too skinny"

"Black swan skinny?", Emily's eyes widened.

"Think about it. We know that she lied about when she lost her baby."

"Whoa, back up", Avery raised an eyebrow, "You think that she was pretending to be pregnant for that long? No. That's, like, months."

"There's no way", Spencer shook her head, "She wouldn't do that to my parents."

"Who else could it be?", Emily mused, "Zombie Baby?"

"Mona started talking again, so maybe she can give me some answers", Hanna shrugged, before placing the last bit of the cake in her mouth.

Avery suddenly noticed someone across the street, her eyes widening in the process, "Uh oh."

Before any of the girls could ask her what caused such a reaction, the bell at the entrance jingled, and in stormed a furious Jason. Without taking notice of the girls, he marched up towards Veronica with a venomous glare on her face.

"Did you really think you could avoid me forever?", Jason snarled, "How could you defend Garrett?"

"Let's not have this conversation here", Veronica stood up, trying to ease the tension.