➵Careful What U Wish 4

Avery sighed as she rewatched the video that A had send them, for the ninth time that morning

Avery sighed as she rewatched the video that A had send them, for the ninth time that morning. The more she watched the video, the more confused she got.

"He pushed her, didn't he?"

"All that mumbling and groaning, Maybe she was gripping the ground because she was-"

"Looking for a weapon to defend herself?"

Avery scrunched her nose, "Maybe they were having sex."

"No", Spencer groaned.

"Why are you snapping at me?", Avery rolled her eyes, "I'm just trying to give your creepy brother an out."

"In-law, okay?", Spencer corrected, "Ian is my creepy brother-in-law."

"Okay, whatever he is, he just married your sister, and he might be a killer", Hanna remarked blatantly.

"This definitely proves that he was with her the night she died", Emily asserted. "Can we just watch this video one more time and figure out what they're saying?", Aria pleaded.

"No, please. I can't watch this again", Emily shook her head.

"Yeah, Em's right", Avery smoothed her hair, "Let's just give it a rest."

"Is anybody else freezing?", Spencer got up and made her way towards the stovetop, "I'll make some hot chocolate."

"What is this, Camp Tamarack?", Hanna scoffed, "We can't just sit around singing Kumbaya. We have to hand over that video."

"What video?" The five girls turned around to see the person they were dreading to meet. Ian. Who was in the goddamn video in the context.

"Uh, Hanna rented Tootsie, but she left it at home", Spencer came with with a quick excuse, her eyes slowly darting over to her laptop screen. Which, by the way, was unluckily paused on a frame where Ian's face was clearly visible.

"Oh, well, you're welcome to hang with us in the barn. Your sisters picked some chick flick on demand", Ian took a step forward, "Where do we keep the popcorn?"

"That drawer", Spencer pointed to a cabinet behind Ian.

"Oh. Okay", Ian turned to get some popcorn, and then turned back, his eyes focusing on Emily, "Oh, Emily, by the way, I've been meaning to ask you, You ready to trade your goggles in for a field hockey stick? Yeah, we could use some speed on offence. Right, Spence?"

Spencer hummed in response, a half-hearted smile plastered on her face. Emily smiled, "Thanks, I'm still into swimming."

"Well, you wouldn't be if you saw what they skimmed out of that pool every week", Ian chuckled before noticing the girls' stunned faces, "What's up? Did I walk into the middle of a chick flick?"

Avery was quick to compose herself as she let out a strained laugh, "No guys allowed."

"Okay, I get it." Ian chuckled before heading out the door.