➵Surface Tension

"I thought you were getting your own room", Aria mused, and Emily nodded, "That was before the pipes went off behind the walls

"I thought you were getting your own room", Aria mused, and Emily nodded, "That was before the pipes went off behind the walls." Mrs.Marin had somehow convinced Mrs. Fields to let Emily stay at the Marin house while the latter goes to Texas.

Hanna grinned, "They had to fix the pipes and put the wall back in, so we're roomies till then. It's gonna be like a sleepover than never ends", Hanna paused, before looking at Aria, Avery and Emily, with a confused look on her face, "Why aren't any of you excited?"

Shrugging, Avery said, "For me and Aria, it's nothing new. We've been sleeping over at each other's places since we were little."

"Has Garrett called you about Ian's messenger?", Spencer interjected, directing the question to Emily. Avery exhaled. Just when she was beginning to forget, Spencer had to bring that name up.

"Not a sound", Emily sighed

"Guys, we dragged Garrett into this", Aria remarked, "We just gotta trust him."

Spencer grumbled, "We're trusting him with Ian's $10,000, and I could've used some of that to replace Melissa's ring."

"And if they traced the money from Ian to you?", Emily challenged, "How would you explain that?"

"Okay, can we please stop talking about...him?", Avery scrunched her face.

"I just don't like waiting. If we're too quiet, A will get bored and stir the pot", Spencer grumbled.

"And if we say something, A is gonna smack us down", Emily rolled her eyes.

"I don't wanna walk into another A-stravaganza like that fashion show", Hanna widened her eyes, as Avery added, "God, the look on Mrs. D's face-"

The doorbell rang, and Hanna went to get it, as the others continued discussing the topic: A and their unexplainable grudge against the five.

"This isn't just about making us look like bitches anymore, is it?", Aria stuttered.

"No", Spencer shook her head, "It's about keeping us quiet."

"Why?"

"Because A might really be the one who killed Ali", Avery replied, chewing her lip. 'Just like I killed Ian', she thought to herself.

"That's what we're all thinking, isn't it?", Emily questioned.

"Why else go through all the trouble of setting up Ian?", Avery asked rhetorically, "Because I swear, it wasn't me who wrote that suicide letter."

"We know", Aria assured the brunette, as Hanna approached them, a basket filled with chocolate in her hand, "You guys. Look at the card." She held out a card. Of course.

What fun! Two little liars under one roof and two under another. You're making it so easy

-A