1.6

Jaemin thought the world was free, and his existence was expensive. Not until a great force yanked him from the corridors and pushed him to a dark corner, a painful grunt escaping his lips when his back harshly met the cold, hard wall.

"What did you do to Hera?" A dark, dominating voice made his eyes snap open, and low and behold, the Jung Jaehyun himself

Jaemin can be as cocky as he wants, but the strong, overlapping scent of smoke infiltrated his nose.

Jaehyun's orbs are all filled with the darkest shade of black, screaming death, that the younger alpha can wish for a funeral instead.

But he is the Na Jaemin.

"She was a feisty little omega; why? Who are you in her life?"

A fuming fist came into contact with his cheek, enough for a bruise to form.

"Her cycle should start in two weeks, and you messed it up. The room reeks of firewood and her heated scent; what the fuck did you do?"

"Even her heat cycle? Woah, you must be an ideal mate."

The word mate was long gone in Jaehyun's hearing as he once again landed blows to the younger—his other cheek and stomach.

Jaemin's body slid down the floor as the older man forced himself to back away. With heavy breaths while his fists were still burning, he managed to think calmly before he could literally kill the younger.

Crouching down, Jaehyun pushed his chest and clenched his jaw. "Mess with her one more time, Na. Let's meet in hell."

◇◆

Hera woke up with the whole mountain pressing on her entire body, a faint grunt escaping her lips.

The first thing she saw was the stack of glow stars on a galaxy-painted ceiling, and that's when she confirmed that she's in her own bed room.

Bed room...

Room...

Bed...

Hera shot up in a scream, the high-pitched tone causing her door to bang open, revealing the familiar sight of her panicked mother.

"MOM!"

"WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED!"

The young omega was about to jump out when the pain suddenly knocked her down.

"Hera! My god, how did it even happen? Your heat cycle should start in two weeks! And who's alpha were you with? You really reek of firewood!"

Hera broke out in a needy whine and dropped a pillow on her face, tightly clutching the cover.

"Do you need anything?"

"No. How the fuck did I even get here?"

"Jaehyun sent you here, and damn did that guy leave with a fit."

Hera groaned and clutched her pained abdomen instead, making her mother sigh.

The woman sat in the space beside her and massaged her hands. "Who's with you?"

"A fucking alpha"

"I'm not dumb enough to not know that it's an alpha, and I heard that word a lot of times from Jaehyun, so tone it down."

"A damn freak of an alpha. Don't make me say his name; I can drag my feet to kill him."

The woman broke out in an exasperated sigh once again. "How many alphas are messing with you? You know you can always tell Jaehyun."

"Then all of my alpha training will go to waste. I can take care of myself, thank you."

"Jaehyun applied for a reason, Hera."

"To take care of me? Hell no."

"You just presented as an omega this school year, and that made you more fragile than the others, sweetie."

Hera dragged the pillow out of her sight with a glare. "I can kill him myself."

"Too bad Jaehyun will get him first," she sighed and stood up. "Seriously, if you need an alpha, call Jaehyun."

The young omega just rolled her eyes and continued to sulk, even if the pain got her the best.

Jung Hera is one of those girls who is believed to be an alpha. Her strong persona and undefeated remarks are loved by many, but not until a sweet cotton candy scent slowly surrounds her.

All her strength and defense training slowly went to waste when her body started to form like a true omega. Since then, people who knew her, including her family and Haechan's, have called her an omega in an alpha nature.

Hera is most likely depending on her strong character, that omegas in school wouldn't want to mess with her.

But she's still an omega.

And the omega inside her is slowly needing an alpha, without her sane self knowing.