2.3

"These are the products our dads proposed years ago. I don't know why they only came up with them now," Siyeon said as she pointed to the lists of products written in the folder.

Jaemin thoroughly reviewed it all and glanced over to Jeno, who's also reading quietly, while his lips moved a little.

His eyes flickered back to the omega, who's looking finer like nothing happened. Her eyes glimmered in warmth and contentment; her once long brown hair changed to a short pastel pink that's quite fitting to her calmed strawberry scent. A silver ring adorned her right ring finger.

It made Jaemin's inner alpha growl in anger. She looked so composed and professional, like it never affected her throughout the years.

Or is he the only one who hasn't moved on yet?

A light nudge made him rip out of his raging thoughts. Soon he realized that his anger only rises, and it slowly showed on his pheromones.

Clearing his throat, Jaemin nodded and closed the folder.

"Can I take this with me? I'll send my agreements through emails once I've further checked and confirmed with dad."

"It's already confirmed."

"Yeah, how can I trust the quality of products if the sender isn't worth my trust in the first place?"

It made the air thick and tensed between them. Siyeon was taken aback while Jeno's eyes just widened in fraction, thinking that he should do something to stop the rising arguments before the pureblood will explode.

"Tell CEO Kim that I'll send the emails directly to him. Jeno, please see her out," he concluded and stood up, the two automatically following.

"But Jaemin, the earlier we seal the contract, the earlier we can prepare."

"Then find another business partner if you're tired of dealing with me," he spat and threw a last glare before trudging his way to the small corner where the staircase to his room was placed.

Sighing, Jeno led her out of the door until they reached her car.

"I don't get it!" Siyeon suddenly said out loud, making the alpha look confused. "It's been 4 years; why is he so pushed up!?"

"Are you happy?" Jeno lowly asked.

"What?"

"You found your mate fucking with someone you terribly hate. Will you be happy?"

Siyeon's glares softened as her eyes slowly bubbled with tears.

"Seeing someone you sincerely loved as a whole, someone who made your life brighter, and someone who made you complete, disappear? Then live the following days killing yourself for something you didn't mean to do?"

"S-stop"

"You made him live like that, you obsessed fucker," Jeno spat. "Not being able to explain, not being able to hear a single word, the last thing he saw was his omega's tears. Will you be happy?"

Siyeon choked on her tears, her head hung low, and she never got the guts to meet the alpha's hurtful eyes.

"I assume you are. Judging the way you clutched that filthy ring of yours, you must have found your mate then," he scoffed. "Congratulations, whore, you successfully separated a family."

It made Siyeon snap up, jaw-dropping, "Hera's... pregnant?"

"What do you think?" He clicked his tongue and walked back.

As Jeno almost broke the glass door, Jaemin showed up in a blue suit while running his fingers through his hair.

"Oh, wait, I'll just order coffee; you want one?" Jaemin quickly asked.

"Yeah, sure, but why'd you change?"

"It reeks of strawberries. I fucking died vomiting upstairs."

The alphas shared a small laugh, and Jeno just decided to wait for him in the car.

Sliding in the driver's seat, the alpha pushed classic CD's on the player, mood-calming against the nostalgic songs of Bee Gees.

Tapping his fingers rhythmically on the stirring wheel while his eyes never left the busy streets, a shiny black Lamborghini parked across the street. Jeno broke out in a wolf-whistle as he found the fine car sexy and pinned a note in his mind that he'd tell Jaemin about it. That pureblood is a sucker for it.

Not long after, a familiar figure of a tall, pure-blooded man invaded his sight, his eyes going wide as saucers as the male crossed the street.

"Oh shit, oh shit," Jeno pushed the door open in panic and ran back to the café, yet his body froze outside the glass walls when he saw the two pure-blooded alphas standing firm across each other.

"Hyung," Jaemin mumbled as he came face to face with the older pureblood he never got to see for the past 4 years.

Jaehyun's lips tugged in a side grin, his eyes boring to the younger's presence.

He lowly chuckled, "Long time no see, Na."