1.35

"I'm sorry" the first words, Jaemin said between the deafening silence

The whole world crumpled before him as the memories from yesterday greeted him the moment he woke up.

The trembling figure of the omega, crying, invaded his sight when he opened his eyes. Ever since then, he hated himself.

"What now?" Hera asked, almost whispering with her head still hung low.

"I'll be with you, I promise," he sincerely replied, reaching out to hold her hands. "Baby, I'm sorry."

"N-no. It's my fault. I insisted. I'm sorry I'm such a burden."

"Omega," Jaemin deeply called, yet instantly dropped the voice when the omega whimpered.

He sighed and pulled her close, wrapping her in his arms securely. "Stop blaming yourself. If something really forms, I promise I will never leave you. We're in this together."

Hera nodded. "But our parents..."

"Shhh, let's calm you down first, okay?"

Jaemin shifted himself against the headboard, cradling the omega in his arms as he released his comforting pheromones.

It did calm the omega a bit, yet her frequent sobs filled the alpha's ears. Nevertheless, he chose to compose himself, whispering some sweet words.

The whole day is just uneventful for the two.

Jaemin just stayed beside his omega, letting her know that she's not alone.

They locked themselves inside Hera's room, the alpha momentarily stepping out just to get food, which Heeyoung prepared beforehand as they had a job to get into. Luckily, Jaehyun has classes the whole day, so the house is mainly available for just the two.

"Do you have anything to do today?" Jaemin beamed as he still tried his very best to lift the omega's mood.

"Cuddles"

"Just cuddles?"

"Yes please"

With an excited chuckle, Jaemin plopped beside her, and the omega immediately set herself on his lap.

"You're such a baby."

"Yeah, suck it."

"I'll swallow that fact if you want me to."

A good laugh got in between, and once again, her distressed pheromones slowly fainted.

"Jaemin, I wanted some tests."

"Do you want me to buy it for you?"

The omega discreetly nodded and buried her face on his chest. "I'm sorry, I should be the one to buy it."

"Oh, hush, I don't want hungry eyes to stare at you."

"We're too young."

Jaemin sighed and hugged her tighter, placing a kiss on her head. "We are. But we knew how to take responsibility, right?"

The omega didn't answer, making him worry a lot more.

Let's just say that Jaemin just hoped that she wouldn't think about disowning the child.

◇◆

Another morning came, and Hera hated it, but Jaemin had to go.

His family called him for a proper day to celebrate his birthday, and the alpha couldn't say no.

It's August 13, and the Jung household all wished him a happy birthday, except for Jaehyun, who is still kind of bitter and just flashed a small smile with a small tease.

Heeyoung had to land a painful smack on his head just to make him friendly to the younger pureblooded.

"Tell me, okay?" Jaemin whispered as he hugged the clinging omega in front of him.

"I'm scared"

"Baby, I'm sorry I won't be there. But I promise, I will never leave you, whatever the result is."

With a nod, Hera pulled away with a smile and landed a peck on his lips.

"Happy Birthday"

"Thank you, babe," he also responded with a kiss.

With a last hug and comforting words, Hera let him go as her eyes never left his car until it disappeared from her sight.