2.7

Cold hands and uneven heartbeats.

Jaemin was buried deep in his mind, settled in the comforts of his thick black duvet, which didn't provide the warmth his body ever craved.

His performance at both his work and weekly meet-ups with friends isn't that satisfying either.

He can barely keep up with his balance and his track of food intake, so even Jeno's slightest bit of anger won't faze him. He didn't eat for the whole day; he didn't complete a single paper.

Jaemin was restless, and it's now 2 AM.

The pureblood groaned, and the vibrations of his chest seemed thicker and showed more of a growl, a hint of disappointment and exhaustion.

"What did you do?" he mumbled.

"You can't even look at her in the eye," he scoffed, growing louder until it became bitterly crazy.

He shouted at the pillow he's clutching in, his loud voice and cracked cries muffled.

And as if he lived back in that year, four years ago, he began cursing himself to sleep.

◇◆

"Wakey wakey!" Ara's high-pitched voice and cute giggles woke the omega up, her ears all clouded by the little girl's whines while continuously calling her name.

After a couple of seconds, Hera cracked her eyes open just to be greeted by her daughter's chocolate deer eyes, all zoomed in to her sight as Ara literally hovered on top, just an inch away.

"FINALLY!" Ara beamed, hands throwing up in the air as she immediately dropped her body into her mother's embrace, making Hera grunt.

"Good morning, baby."

"Morning!"

"Morning, Jae!" Hera greeted as she passed by the kitchen, seeing the pureblood happily cooking.

"Mm morning," Jaehyun replied. "Have you talked with Mark?"

"Oh, that. I just told Haechan to let his boyfriend clear up some time after work for me. You know I could just crash on their house; that omega will sure like to see Ara again after all," she said, carrying the said little girl to the counter.

"We played with pillow forts!" Ara exclaimed while making big circles out of her little arms.

"You did? You played dolls then?" Jaehyun chuckled as he carefully set the bowls of cereal in front of the girls.

"Hmm, no. Uncle Chan has no dolls. Just a lion plushie!"

"Do they have many toys then?" Hera asked while raising an ample amount of cereal to her daughter's lips.

Ara immediately ate it and nodded in agreement. "He said he would give me some."

"Bet it's from Mark's fans," Jaehyun joins in as he takes the available stool across them. "By the way, are you going to report to Neo today?"

"Kinda? CEO Choi said I can meet the other stylists today."

"What time, though?"