2.2

"Good oh, Jaemin-ssi," Hansol warmly greeted as the door of the café opened.

"Hi, do we have any problems at the moment?" Jaemin answered as his eyes raked at the small number of people sipping and chatting on their own.

"Nope, everything's fine. Are your schedules cancelled? Oh, Jeno's here too."

Jeno was immediately greeted with his eye smile.

"No, actually, we are meeting with someone here."

"Is it Kim? A lady did ask me; she's right there." Hansol pointed at the corner, a short-haired girl waiting with a cup of coffee in hand.

"I think so. Thanks, hyung."

"Yeah, call me if you want to order something."

The two walked over to the set of tables, momentarily greeting Kun at the counter until they reached the specific seat.

"Excuse me?" Jeno politely voiced out, and damn did his eyes widen when the girl looked up.

Jaemin's breath hitched, his heart beating nervously. Although a hint of anger and disappointment rose in his eyes, he still had a small smile.

"Kim Siyeon of Kim Corporation?"

◇◆

"Mama!" the 3-year-old cried as she stumbled on a rock. The pressure of the fall and the forming scratch on her knees made the woman run to her in alarm.

"Mama," she sobbed as the omega carefully carried her up.

"Jung Ara! I told you not to run."

"I saw a boy with cotton candy right there," the baby reasoned while her small index finger pointed at the small shop of cotton candy across the street.

"But baby, you could've told mama or uncle Jae."

"Hey, what happened?" The deep voice of her uncle made her cry again, her head burying her mom's neck.

Hera squinted her eyes at her brother, and the pureblood just raised his hands in surrender while his eyes widened.

"I didn't do anything!"

"You used that voice, you dimwit," she said through gritted teeth.

"You don't curse around the kid, Jung Hera!" he scolded and bent down to meet the little girl's height. "My cute Ara... want a cotton candy?"

The baby's cries automatically stopped, and she looked at the pureblood with tear-stained cheeks and a visible pout.

"Can I?"

"Of course you can!" Jaehyun cooed and pulled her out of her mother's embrace. "But before that, let's clean your wound first, okay?"