1.9

The day was well spent.

At least for Jaehyun, who just got enough time with his partner. Stepping in, he was immediately greeted with the usual cotton candy scent and the loud sound of gunfire and grenades.

The alpha rolled his eyes, seeing the omega all focused on killing everyone in a video game.

"Hera, tone down your scent, seriously," he said louder than his normal voice and ran upstairs to his room, merely avoiding her tensed and competitive scent that's gotten stronger over time—the omega is already releasing a wine scent, and her alpha nature is slowly kicking in.

Ignoring her brother's comment, she continued to play with all her pride and glory.

All is well. There is one opponent left.

Not until a sudden blackout made the bright TV screen shut down, and all she could feel was death.

"Hold me; I'll kill whomever tampered with the electricity," she breathed out.

"Stop it; you're making me want to drink wine."

"THEN DO IT! ARGH!" She slammed her feet down and stomped up to her room.

Jaehyun momentarily covered his nose and just called their mom to ditch her work before Jung Hera transformed into a dragon.

◇◆

Another morning came.

Jaemin was greeted with the sight of his cousin making himself comfortable on the sofa.

Rolling his eyes, he dragged his feet to the younger alpha and hit his head with a couch pillow.

"How the fuck did you come in?"

"Same password," he replied with a groan. "Mom is bugging me again to introduce my partner for the journal. So I escaped."

"Since when?"

"Since 3 am"

"What the fuck?" Jaemin breathed out in disbelief and just let the younger be.

"Jisung, what do you want to eat?" he called from the kitchen.

"One you're having!" he yelled back.

So Jaemin just lazily prepared two cups of ramen, and Jisung regretted that he didn't say rabokki instead.

The cousins made it inside the campus for ten minutes, with fifteen minutes left until the first bell rang.

While the younger rambled about Zhong Chenle being annoyingly cute and loud, a sweet scent caught on Jaemin's nose as they passed the hallways.

"Seriously, hyung, he's sometimes innocent and is a craft of the devil; help me Jaemin hyung?" Jisung peeked through the older man's face and saw him slowly getting red.