2.6

Oh, Jaemin can't even understand what he feels by now.

Should he be jumping in joy? Tremble in fear? Cry in longing?

He never shifts his eyes away from the girl he's securely holding in his arms. As if his heart will burst, and he'll sweat in embarrassment if she feels how hard it's thumping.

"Jaemin.."

A tear finally escaped from his eye, not able to hold how his system ached to hear her voice, to hold her more, and to don't let go.

Hera immediately panicked, her pheromones tensing as she pushed herself away from the pureblood, her hands not knowing what to do or where to hold on.

"Jaemin, why..." she breathed out and reached for his cheeks to brush away the flowing tears.

The pureblood automatically leaned on her touches, with his inner alpha growling in despair, and his unsettling sadness visibly showed through his pheromones.

"Jaemin, stop–"

"Hera, baby, I miss you." His voice cracked at the sincere words, the omega flinching away, making him frown. "Hera–"

"No, stay back," she demanded.

"Please hear me out."

"No, Jaemin, we're done," she firmly said.

Oh, how can his heart be shattered twice in just a minute?

"Baby–"

"Don't call me that. It's... It's disgusting," her voice fainted in the end, but it's clear as day as the pureblood's tears heavily flowed again.

Head hung low, Jaemin controlled his breathing, not able to stop how his system basically shut down by now, and all he can feel is darkness.

It's as if he's living with it and he can't get out.

Eyes were boring to them, yet the two never minded and stayed on their spot.

A ring from her phone brought the omega in shape once again, as she remembered why she's running out.

"I need to go," she mumbled and walked past the pure blood, but he's also quick to hold her back.

"Hera, please, please, I need to talk to you."

"Jaemin, I'm sorry. I really have to go."

"Where? Tell me, I'll take you there."

"NO!"

Her sudden outburst made him drop his hold, and her hidden scent of wine slowly creeped out of her.

Again, Jaemin felt scared.

"I just need to go," she quickly said and ran away.

"Hera? Oh," Mark's voice passed by her, but she didn't stop.