2.13

Jung Jaehyun

Maybe if he was all about dimples and peaches, Jaemin wouldn't probably fear a single bit.

Although it's funny since he's pureblood himself, the effect of Jung Jaehyun is 127 times greater than his.

He sure knew about the older man being the hottest English teacher on TAU, admired by many, but why the fuck is he so scary when it comes to Hera? To him?

Especially when his heavy steps, clenched jaw, and rounded fists are now catwalking towards him.

"The fuck, it really is you," Jaehyun started as he towered over the younger. "The shit you doing here?"

Aware of the incoming commotion, although she would be half dead minutes later, Hera carefully placed her daughter on the seat with a neck pillow surrounding her.

The car door opening and a whiff of cotton candy dancing through the air made the pureblood snap in the direction—Jaemin gulping while Jaehyun's brows were knitting.

"The fuck, Jung Hera!?"

An omega, two pure-blooded alphas, and two adult alphas. All settled on the living room, with the lost-looking little girl who laced herself on her father's hold, sinking deeper into his warmth.

The adults somehow controlled themselves, especially the man in the house, who looked like bursting any second. And the son who's standing on the pillar who's dark glares boring on the other.

Actually, this scene is very familiar to Jaemin. He remembered that the first time he met the family, while he's at the hot seat, the welcoming lavender scent filling up the air and the giddy smiles on the adults' faces.

The difference is that he's not alone, the omega isn't in heat, there's no hint of lavender anywhere, the serious faces of the parents, and the presence of his daughter on his lap.

He can feel the omega shifting beside him, making him look worried. She can barely inhale fresh and unscented air. The only thing that's holding her up is the baby's milk scent and the pureblood's newly released calming pheromones.

"Uhh, this is not appropriate for a serious matter, but can you please tone down your scents? Hera is barely holding up," Jaemin calmly and cautiously asked.

Heeyoung and Jinwoo are quick to compose themselves and suck up their protective pheromones, as Jaehyun also calmed by looking away.

Ara pouted and crawled herself over to her mother, Jaemin, quickly passing her to the omega's hold.

The sight alone made their hearts swell in both disappointment and admiration; they don't know what to actually feel.

Hera, fully knowing that no one would ever speak up, took the position.

"I'm sorry..." sadness laced on the words, the omega tightening her hold on her daughter, who also hugged her.