2.9

Hera didn't expect that the pureblood would literally update her every minute.

She didn't even give any response to those words spoken, but the constant vibrations of her phone every minute, or close to 5–10 minutes or so, were caused by the pureblood, who would either send a small text or different pictures of Ara.

It came to the point that what was supposed to be long chats, orientation, and future discussions with the stylists just ended in 3 hours.

Hera once again huffed; her overgrown bangs that freely grazed her eyes caused a little pain, yet she never got the time to trim them.

The omega trudged her way inside the café and gaped at how the number of customers had escalated from zero to fifty.

The once-emptied seats are now almost occupied. That's when Hera assumes that this café really runs with good service, or maybe if she wasn't so attentive, she wouldn't see how the most number of eyes swarm over to the specific table... but unfortunately, she did.

And maybe the rising irritation slowly rose from her hidden wine scent.

Because who the fuck will ignore the fucking presence of this damn smoking hot pure-blooded alpha, still in his black suit with two buttons lost on his dress shirt? His blonde undercut hair was styled smartly, and his annoying (sweet) smiles came along with his adorable interaction with a baby.

"Mama!" Ara happily giggled with her hands clutching the pureblood's hair as she's literally sitting around his neck. Jisung is nowhere to be found.

A series of murmurs then erupted from the audience, comments about how she got lucky to claim him as a mate.

It only made her wine scent stronger; annoyance was visible in how her jaw clenched and her eyes narrowed.

And when Jaemin caught a whiff of it, he grinned.

"Baby~ you're finally back," he purposely said, a little bit louder and with a cocky grin engraved on his lips.

"The f–"

"Ooh! No cursing! Do you want our daughter to grow bad, huh? I think you deserve some punishment, babe." His voice got a little bit huskier as he suddenly pulled her to his lap.

Hera yelled at the force, her face reddening in embarrassment as she could feel the unsettling stares they got.

Jaemin chuckled, able to tell how panicked she felt. But instead of stopping, he snaked an arm around her waist and placed a soft kiss behind her ear.

"I'm only yours, baby. From the start until the end of this lifetime," he whispered, making the omega blush even more. Her wine scent was all gone and was replaced with a sweet cotton candy one.

"Really? Right in front of your daughter's salad?" Jisung's deep, irritated voice made the omega gasp, and she quickly settled herself on the seat next to Jaemin.

The pure blood just flashed a cheeky smile and looked up to his daughter, just seeing her sipping at her cookies and cream milkshake, all unbothered.

Or maybe if you could hear the kid's mind, you could hear her saying, "This is how my family works, bitch; now scram the fuck." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯