1.10

Weak. A clear definition of what the omega is now, and she wanted to throw herself off the rooftop.

Thousands of questions were encircling Jaemin's mind, yet the alpha instantly agreed and carried her up, knowing that the effect would be washed out by strong winds.

By now, Hera is standing against the railings, her eyes darting nowhere, and sighing for the umpteenth time.

While the omega is taking her time to freshen up, Jaemin just stood still, back pressing against the wall, farther enough for her to take up fresh air than scented ones.

His mind is clouded by her weakened voice, too desperate and in need to dash out. For some reasons, it didn't give him the advantage to get her laid under him, but a sense of protectiveness was creeping up in his system. The alpha inside him is strong enough to tell him to protect her at all costs.

It all made sense the second he caught Hansol in a rut, and a whiff of her panicked scent. It's as if his body was eaten up by a monster. Mind-hazy, just the thought of saving her.

Her scent getting nearer made him rip out of his trance and look up, seeing Hera in front with her head hung low.

"Hmm?" It came out softer than he expected, making him thank his calmed self more.

Yet it made the omega fumble on her fingers more, chewing her lower lip.

The alpha chuckled at her distressed and awkward scent, and a visible pout pulled on her lips.

"Hey, it's not hard to say thank you; should I teach you how?" he teased a little.

"Bold of you to assume I'll thank you! Your protectiveness is the reason why I almost fainted!"

"Oh, I should leave you with alphas in a rut next time when I see you then."

"No, I mean.."

Jaemin looked at her, clearly amused.

Hera broke out in an exasperated sigh. "Fine. Thank you," she said in defeat, and the alpha laughed while jokingly rolling his eyes.

And the sight is euphoric.

Like, how can an alpha be irresistibly gorgeous? How can someone like Na Jaemin possess an angelic smile? How can Na Jaemin release more warmth than colder auras?

And why is the omega inside her craving it?

"Hera? Is there a problem?"

"Huh?"

"You're staring at me, like longer than usual."

"O-oh," she said, diverting her gaze and rubbing her nape.

Jaemin pursed his lips tight, feeling how awkward the situation got.

Just be yourself, Jaemin!

He mentally cursed and swallowed the awkwardness, taking a step closer.