1.16

The clicking sound of utensils resonated throughout Jung's kitchen, with the family of four sharing a quite serious dinner.

The siblings are seated beside each other, throwing glares when one of the elbows touches the other, and continue eating while the cycle repeats.

Wrinkles and exhausted looks had grown on the parents' faces, likely unaware of the silent war between their children.

Hera, as the nosy kid she ever was, purposely bumped her brother's elbow, making the contents of his spoon drop down. A fit of snorts and giggles escaped from her.

By now, the parents had ripped themselves off from their own universe and diverted their attention to the two.

"Jae, stop hitting your sister."

"Hera, stop annoying your brother."

The two's physical battle died down after at least five rounds of arguing, and now the peace has comforted the dinner again.

"By the way, how's your journal going?" Heeyoung asked, eyes shifting from one child to another.

"Chaeyoung and I've been good. Writings are easier," Jaehyun boasted and threw a stink eye at the girl.

The omega didn't accept her defeat and sat with her chin raised. "Jaemin and I are better. Also, I've known most alpha qualities, so writing is much easier," she proudly said.

The mention of the young alpha's name made Jaehyun click his tongue and shove a piece of meat into his mouth quite harshly.

"You could've asked for a swap," he grumbled.

"I don't wanna," she retorted like the bratty child she is and reached for the cordon bleu, but was yanked away by the other

"I'm serious, Hera; he's no good."

"You don't know him."

"Well, I do. Back in TAU, he's a wholeass fuckboy."

"Manners," Jinwoo voiced out in a warning tone, clearly stating who's the boss in the family.

The two looked away from each other and continued eating, with Hera reaching for tons of cordon bleu to chomp on.

"I would like to meet Jaemin for some time."

The words made them choke. Jaehyun on milk, and Hera on cheese.

"Why? Is he some big figure?" Jinwoo asked almost innocently, looking for some answers.

Jaehyun scoffed. "More like the bottom of the food chain."

"He's an alpha, and he's not," she hissed.

"Why are you defending him so much? Do you like him?"

Hera's world stopped at the words.

All eyes are now on her, and I feel her figure getting smaller based on how they looked.

Like? Do I even have that one bit?