2.1

The sun rays peeking through the blinds served as an alarm for the pure-blooded alpha to open his eyes and curse another morning.

The ringing of door chimes sent shivers down his spine, greeted with a familiar mint scent, and a strong smack on his head.

"Mom!" he whined as he lazily rubbed the sore part of his head and groaned when he felt nauseous.

"You're unbelievable, Na Jaemin. How many days has it been!? Four!? God, pick your ass up and run your life to the company!" Mihi nagged a little too loud for his eardrums.

Groaning, the 22-year-old male forced himself to stand up and drag his feet to his attached bathroom, while the mother had her mouth spurting curse words while cleaning up the small room.

Jaemin stayed in the shower much longer than usual, just staring blankly at the white walls while letting the cold water run along his body, which had grown more muscular.

"Na Jaemin, better hurry up; it's 8 AM!"

Ripping from his seemingly black mind, the alpha speedily washed his now blonde hair with shampoo and rubbed his body with soap, then rinsed like a flash.

Feeling like forever, Jaemin stepped out in a towel with his mother still standing, arms crossed.

The two shared lengthy eye contact for a moment before Mihi sighed and placed his suit on his bed.

"This is the last time. After your schedule, go back home from now on, okay?" She flashed a small smile and ruffled his still damp hair, then left.

An exhausted sigh escapes from the alpha's lips as he stares at the complete suit with the shiny black shoes below his bed.

Right then, his eyes traveled to the small room, just good for one person—a single bed, a bedside table, a couch, a mini closet, and a small bathroom.

His eyes then caught the picture frame on his table, with two happy faces printed inside it. He smiled.

Jaemin was lost again. After what happened, he lost a great part of his life.

He lost the male omegas that once looked at him with bright smiles; he almost lost his friends but actually stayed in his luck; he lost the happiness that once stored in his heart. And he lost the only female omega, whose name never once escaped from his mouth.

Jung Hera—she is still there; he knows it. She never left his mind, But he never had the courage to speak her name. He felt that if he did, he would break down and kill himself. Still, it was stored in his mind, and God knows how much he thought about her.

4 years, and everything changed quickly.

After a year of rehab, Jaemin is good enough to stand up for himself again.

He successfully threw the sickening pills, leaving the faces of doctors and nurses, the boring white room, his uncontrollable aggression, and the need to harm himself.

One thing, though, is that he never quit his drinking habit.

This is just one of the days when Jaemin will drown himself in strong alcoholic drinks and fight with his alcohol intake. Then he will pass out on this small room that he personally added upstairs of his own café.

Jaemin's life after rehab isn't exciting either.

He was pushed down to take his father's position as CEO while he took his own trip around the world. Jaemin had neither experience nor knowledge. If it weren't for his sister, who taught him some business tips, he would never survive.

He hasn't had the chance to go to college either. And that means his dream to become a surgeon never happened. Still, he has Renjun, who kept on rambling about his experience in the medical field.

That small devil of an alpha literally took medicine because he wanted to try something new.

Moreover, he successfully begged his mom to have him build his own café, where he hired an older beta named Kun and his alpha mate Hansol.

Present time, Jaemin had now arrived at the company, the clock striking 8:45 AM, and everyone could be complaining right now, but no.

Who will if their CEO is looking fine in a maroon suit, his black inner has two buttons missing, his platinum hair is perfectly styled, and he is walking like a top model with his expensively stylish LV sunglasses hanging on the bridge of his nose?

So who will complain?

"You're fucking late."

Yeah, Lee Jeno.

Jaemin glared at him and took off his glasses, hanging them on his chest.

"Good morning to you too, Secretary Lee."

"Cut the shit," the alpha clicked his tongue and literally dragged the pure blood on the elevator.

"Bro, chill," Jaemin chuckled.

"Yeah, so I was saying, your dad called saying you haven't replied to any of the emails regarding the stock exchange between the Na and Kim Corporation. So he wants you to naruto run your ass off to this café by 9 AM." Jeno said without missing a beat and showed the address on his tablet.

"Wait, this is my café, idiot."

"That's right"

"Then why didn't you just call me beforehand so I wouldn't lose my shit time driving here and just wait there?"

"Because you should at least show your goddamn self up here?"

"By who's order!?"

"Me"

"The fuck shit," Jaemin broke out in an irritated sigh.

By the cue, the elevator reached the 7th floor, and the two stepped out, walking to the pureblood's office.

After gathering some files related to the specified meeting, the two are off again down to the parking lot, with the secretary having a victory smile following the madly annoyed CEO.