𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴

ARTEMIS'S POV.

I walk down the stairs and head to the kitchen. I see a lady, dressed in a white sundress with tiny blue flowers on it. The white dress really popped out her red hair.

"Hi" I squeak from behind her. She jumps a little and then places a hand over her heart. I laugh at the sight.

"I'm definitely, getting you a bell this time" she scolds me and then continues doing her work.

"Mom, what are you making?" I ask her curiously.

"Your favourite spaghetti and meatballs" she replied stirring the red sauce in the pot. "Are you done with your homework Artemis?" She asks turning towards me. I nod in response.

"Mom, where are we going this summer?" I ask her. Me and mom travel a lot. We both loved being adventurous.

"Where do you want to go?" She asked.

"I was thinking about Spain It's been long since we met the twins." I suggest.

"Hmmm... I knew you would choose Spain, so...." Mom stopped and pulled out two tickets from the kitchen drawer. "I already bought us tickets. It's in four days" she spoke with a smile.

"Really mom!!! I love you" I hugged her.

"Okay, now can you please bring me some more spaghetti from the pantry?" She asks and I walk over to the pantry, which was outside the kitchen, it was like another room. It took me sometime to find the spaghetti. I found it on the last rack. As I bent to pick it up, There was a foreign noise heard and then a ringing noise in my ears. It took me sometime to return to normal.

"Mom, did you hear-" I asked her as I entered the kitchen, but stopped when I couldn't see her.

I walked around the island to the stove only to find my mom lying on the floor, her white sundress, now painted Crimson in her own blood. Her dress resembled her red hair. I kneel down and place her head in my lap. I apply pressure on her left chest, where the bullet had been shot. Girls Scouts helped me today.

"Mom! Wake up! Please! Say something!" I scream. I see her eyes flutter open.

"Mom! Thank god your alive. Hold on mom! I'm calling 911." I get up but mom pulled me back.

"Artemis!..... My... Sweet baby.... My time has come.... I want you to stay strong baby.... I.... W-will... Always... Be with.. y-you... I love... You..."

I saw my mom take her last breath in front of my eyes. I wailed and wailed, asking her to comeback. But I knew it in my heart that she won't.

NICKOLAI'S POV.

Its been 2 hours since Artemis fainted. These two hour have felt like years for all of us. Demitri has been pacing around the room, Ace has sunk into one of the sofas. Armani has been consoling Valentino while Giovanni has been sitting beside Artemis in the same position since the past 2 hours.

"Dad! Guys!" Giovanni shouted. We all looked at him and then at Artemis, to see her shaking profusely.

"She it having a seizure. Grab her fast!" Alejandro exclaimed as he ran into the room. We ran towards her. Giovanni and Valentino held her arms, while Ace and Demitri held her legs. Alejandro looked at his watch. It lasted for sometime, and it ended with her starting to cry. We were just looking at her went she jerked up from her bed.

"MOM!!!" She screamed.

ARTEMIS'S POV.

I see my mom shatter into pieces and starting to fly away like dust. I could hear a loud beeping sound ringing in my ears and my surroundings smelled of detergent. The sound of the beep increased as mom started to disappear.