𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈

A/N: I can't believe we are in the 50th chapter already! This book is finishing way to fucking fast to my liking!

ARTEMIS'S POV.

Gianni, true to his words, stayed with me for a few hours late night until I convinced him that I wanted to go through the file alone and also that I'd go a sleep with Kade after some time. But contrary to that, I spent the whole night plus the morning going through the file. Also, Gianni was kind enough to lend me his office.

The door flew open and I hear footsteps coming towards me.

"Misa! How long have you been awa..." Who's ever sound it was stared to fade away in the background as I mind went on and on about the name.

Misa!

"Misa! I'll always come back to you. No matter what"  the voice ringed in my ears.

"Please! Please! Hang in there!" I pleaded but it was of no avail.

"I'll always find my way back to you, Misa"

"You promised me!" I silently cried as they lowered the casket before my eyes.

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Gianni looked in shock as he tried calling Artemis repeatedly, but it had no effect on her. Sighing, he went and shook her out of her trance.

She immediately shot her head up to meet his grey eyes. Her now dark blue iris, surrounded by popping out red strained veins. "Never FUCKING call me MISA! NO ONE DESERVES CALLING ME THAT!" She barked at him.

To say Gianni was taken aback would be less. He had never seen her like this. He stepped back to give her some space, raising his hands in surrender.

Artemis realised what she had done and looked at Gianni with regret. "I... I'm sorry. I d.. didn't mean to snap at you like that" she whispered a little loudly to him.

Gianni took a step forward and made her sit back on the couch while he sat on the coffee table. He grabbed her hands and she looked at him. He gave her a small smile before speaking. "Artemis, it's alright. I know you didn't do it purposely. I won't ask why you reacted like that, cause it's not my place." He spoke, his smile his plastered on his face.

"Thank you for understanding, Gianni. Thank you for everything, for helping me in finding mom's murderer. For being such a great friend to me. To advice me." She passed him a faint smile.

"Now, come on. Tell me, how long have you been awake?"

"Just two hours" she replied nonchalantly, only for Gianni to give her a deadpanned look. "Fine, I didn't sleep last night. I can't until I finish the whole file." She replied honestly.

"Now," he took the file from her hand and the highlighter from her other hand "I want you in bed by the time I put these back in its place. Plus, we'll see if you are going school or not" he replied getting serious.

"But, I won't be able to sleep, this will be going on in my mind." Artemis complained.

"Okay then, let's go to our stress relieving place and then you head to bed. How does that sound?" He asked.

"Aye aye Captain!" Artemis replied before letting out a small laugh and walking out of the room. Gianni arranged the room and then the two of them walked to there favourite place; the rooftop, where they hung out for some time while talking about random shit.