ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝

Y/n's P.O.V.♥︎

Kotaro and I have been spending almost every day of our summer vacation together, doing fun things.

Tomorrow is the first day back at school, both of us third years now. I couldn't wait for the days when I had volleyball practice after school, also being very curious as to what the new first years would be like.

Kotaro and I had just left to go to his place and stay there for the night. His mom had called him angrily, saying that he had to clean his room or he wouldn't be able to visit me for a week, so I decided to help him out.

꧁♡︎♥︎♡︎꧂

"Ko, you know that it is easier to pick up the clothes from the ground first and AFTER putting those in the washer, to start vacuuming right?", I said, as he was vacuuming around the piles of clothes that were scattered around his room.

"I-I, Of course!", he huffed, dropping the vacuum and picking up some clothes from the ground.

"Y/n, can you play some music pleaseeee~", he whined. "sure", I replied, getting my phone out.

I started playing a familiar song, that we both blasted when we were together, no matter what we were doing.

"ASEDAKU DEEEEEEE

SAWARASENAIII KIMI WA SHOUJO NANO?

BOKU WA YARICHIN BICCI NO OSU DA YOOOOOOO!!!!

AAAHHHH SETSUMARETAINA KIMI NO NENMAKU NIIIIIIII

FALLENNNN!!"

We both screamed with the lyrics and vibing along while cleaning up his room.

the music was pretty loud so we didn't hear the commotion from downstairs. after a while the song had finished and I turned down the volume of the phone, only for the room now to be filled with loud yells, screams, and breaking glass being shattered.

"they're fighting again..", Kotaro mumbled. I looked at him, trying to figure out what to do. "let's just quickly clean this up, and then leave", he said somewhat seriously. I nodded and we both cleaned up the mess.

soon we were finished and Kotaro's parents were still fighting. I gently grabbed Kotaro's hand when I noticed they were slightly trembling and gave it a little squeeze, letting him know that it was going to be okay.

he softly squeezed my hand back before opening the door and pulling me with him, down the stairs, straight towards the door. not looking back at that moment. opening the door, walking through, and closing it behind us.

I pulled him along with me, taking the lead and leading the way back to my house. "you know, I really appreciate you helping me out, Y/niee", he said, surprisingly happy again, poking my cheek. "it's nothing, Ko", I smiled at him.

꧁♡︎♥︎♡︎꧂

"KO DON'T EAT BUTTER RIGHT OUT OF THE PACKAGE THAT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU!", I yelled, snatching the knife, covered with butter out of his hands, taking the butter with me.

Wondering what we were doing? we were baking cookies and Kotaro kept trying to eat the batter out of the bowl or eating other ingredients. "I CAN'T HELP IT! IT'S SO GOOD, YOU SHOULD TRY IT!" "NO, KO, I'M NOT GOING TO EAT BUTTER", I yelled.

"can I knead the dough...?", he asked while pouting. "why are you pouting while asking that... whatever, you do you", I replied, making him smile brightly and sticking his hands in the mixture of ingredients.