ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘

y/n's P.O.V.♥︎

I quickly ran to my room to put away the plush I got from Kotaro and ran back downstairs.

"I'm making [insert favorite food] right now, you want some?", My mom asked. "YES PLEASE!", I replied.

We all sat at the kitchen table, just talking about their trip.

"Now let's talk about you, Y/n, How are things in school?", My dad asked. "Good! I became the captain of the volleyball team, Kicked a bullies ass, gained trust from people that had a hard time doing so, got sexually harassed, did great on my exams, got injured really badly and I just came back from a sleepover with the girls and boys team! we went roller skating and to an arcade!", I beamed.

"Sexually harassed?! Injured?! Why didn't you tell us?", My mom asked worriedly. "Well... you guys had stopped texting me, so I thought I was a bother and I didn't want to keep you guys from working.", I said, with a sad tone in my voice.

"We're so sorry, Dear! but are you doing fine now? what happened?!", My dad asked.

"well there was a creep in the park when I went on a run with Kotaro, He touched me and said hurtful things to me but then Kotaro came and punched him so hard until he was unconscious! then he brought me home and took care of me when I was overwhelmed and upset.", I said.

"We definitely have to thank him! but how did you get injured?", My mom asked.

"My shoe sole got loose and I tripped. I fractured my ankle and wasn't able to play for a while. Kotaro stayed with me the whole time, carrying me upstairs, bringing me food, etcetera.

"Kotaro and you are really close, huh?", Mom asked. "Yes, we are.", I replied.

I suddenly felt a bit sad that Kotaro was more of a parent to me instead of my own.

"Well at least be glad that he was there, otherwise you'd be alone!", My dad laughed, soon my mom joined.

"you do know I have other friends right?", I said, starting to feel slightly angry. "Oh sorry dear.", My mom said.

"So are you two dating?", My mom asked. "no", I simply said. they hummed and continued what they were doing.

'Why are they acting like this?', I thought. 'only asking about school and nothing else? they at least could've asked me some other personal questions...'

꧁♡︎♥︎♡︎꧂

"Y/n! dinner is ready!", my dad yelled from downstairs. I let out a sigh before putting my manga away and walking downstairs.

we ate dinner in silence like we always do. "can we like I don't know... play a board game or something tonight?", I said, hoping they would say yes and we could spend some time together.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA A BOARD GAME?! LAME! WHAT YEAR ARE YOU BORN IN?! THAT'S SO BORING!", My dad started laughing at me, like I had told him something hilarious. "Darling, no wonder you don't have a boyfriend yet!", My mom laughed at me.

"Well, what do you guys want to do then?", I asked, on the verge of tears. "Nothing, we want to spend some time alone, you know? just the two of us.", My mom said.

I was so angry. why would they do this? we haven't seen each other in so long.

"ENOUGH! WHY ARE YOU TWO ACTING LIKE THIS?! I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU TWO IN SO MANY MONTHS AND ALL I WANTED WAS SOME QUALITY TIME AND AFFECTION FROM YOU TWO! IS IT WEIRD FOR FAMILIES TO DO FUN ACTIVITIES TOGETHER? CAN I EVEN CALL THIS A FAMILY?", I said, grabbing my plate, a snack and walked upstairs slamming my door.