•Chapter 19•

Narrator ~

Y/N stopped crying after Junmyeon embraced her, but soon those few minutes of embracing brought few minutes of awkwardness too.

They were sitting on the floor side by side, resting their back on the wall. None of them spoke, untill Junmyeon decided to break the silence.

~~~~

Y/N's P.O.V ~

"Are you okay now?", Junmyeon asked.

I looked at him, my eyes became as big as Kyungsoo's because of his sudden silence breaking question.

"Um.. Yes I guess", that's all I managed to say.

"Everyone was worried about you, so I texted them you're with me".

"Thank you Junmyeon", I gave him a small smile.

"Y/N may I ask you something personal?",  he asked with hesitation and awkwardness in his tone.

I know what you'll ask..but I guess it's okay to talk because it's You.

"You don't need to hesitate, you've seen me crying already!", I laughed out of embarrassment.

"That's what am asking about.. Why were you hiding here and crying?"

I paused for a minute before answering him, "You remember I said Minho asked me out to be his Prom Date?"

"Yeah.. ", he replied in a blank tone.

"Today he rejected me when we were at the rooftop." I stated.

Junmyeon's eyes grew bigger.

I wanted to laugh at his reaction but didn't.

"You know.. he rejected me because am not pretty like other girls and that might be a problem for his image", I laughed.

Junmyeon frowned his eyebrows.

"You cried over a rejection and because you were told you're not pretty?", he asked with a shocked reaction.

I blinked many times at his question.

"Maybe..maybe not, actually the fact that am always judged because of my outer beuty is not something which makes me happy. No one will be happy if they are judged on the basis of their looks, and the fact that Minho a friend of mine also judged me like others, broke my heart."

Completing my sentence, I looked at Junmyeon's side. He was already gazing at me with his eyes which weren't sympathetic like others. I smiled at him.

" I too want to be pretty.. ", I whispered looking at the floor.

I thought I was not audible to him as I just whispered.

"YOU ARE PRETTY!", Junmyeon spoke out a bit louder than his natural speaking range.

"Huh?", I was shocked. He heard me.

"Yes Y/N, you're pretty.. It's just that you don't know that yourself. The way you stay 'You' makes you pretty!", he said looking straight into my eyes.

"What?"

"Y/N..", he spoke again, still looking into my eyes," The way you smile, laugh, talk effortlessly not trying to be like others and staying just like how you are. You don't put makeup to look pretty because you love your natural self and all these make you beautiful in your own way, in my eyes." he smiled.

I had no reaction to all those things he said to me, about me. Except the fact that my cheeks were burning red and I was having a tingling feeling in my chest.

~~~~

Junmyeon's P.O.V ~

"I too want to be pretty..." I heard Y/N whisper to herself.

"YOU ARE PRETTY!", I almost shouted.  She looked shocked hearing me.

Without thinking I started speaking, I was so eager to explain her how pretty she is, that I didn't realise what I was saying.

When I finished, I smiled and looked at Y/N.

'She looks like a red tomato', I thought.

'Wait is she blushing!?', my eyes grew wide again.

A quick flashback came..

Aish Junmyeon! What's gotten into you? First you hug her and now you tell her whatever came in your mind!!