chapter 4

JULIES POV:

"woah woah woah. you. and luke. almost. KISSED??!!?!" Flynn almost screams in my room.
"Well... I THINK SO!" Flynn starts pacing around the room. "nonono hes a ghost. remember that." before she can carry on ranting my phone buzzes. "it's nick... he wants to go out tomorrow, as friends." i say cautiously.
"yes omg go!!" flynn says.

"i don't even like him like that i have feelings for Luke." i say back.

"girly you gotta have back up! i mean he is a ghost." she says in a sassy tone. i roll my eyes.

"so here's what we are gonna do, reply saying; "yes i'd love to" with a few emojis and you're all set."
"ughh fine! but it is NOT a date it's just a friend outing. OKAY?" i shout at flynn.
"yeah yeah whatever."

I put on a grey sweatshirt and a pair of blue flared jeans and make my way to the cafe Nick told me to go to.
"Hey..." i turn around and see Nick wearing a suit and a bouquet of flowers. A little overdressed if you ask me. i awkwardly laugh, "uh i thought this was just a casual friend date." i hope i'm not leading anyone on. I may be friends with Flynn but that does NOT mean I am like her.
"ah yes, yes it is." he says creepily. I try ignore it and we order ourselves a drink. As we wait for the drinks at our table we try to make small talk but it's a little awkward. It was never like this before the Orpheum. What's going on?

"sooo um why'd you wanna go out today?" I ask.
"oh julie... cannot a mere friend like me just hang out with his old pal?" he touches my thigh causing me to flinch. why the hell is he talking like that? and why the hell did he just touch me?

"oh um right, just asking i guess." i try fake laugh.
"um i gotta go to the toilets, be right back." I quickly leave my seat and lock myself in a cubicle and text Flynn.

FLYNNS POV:

A/N: i forgot to mention this but Flynn can now see the ghosts because Flynn is so connected to Julie that the phantoms are visible to her. But she cannot touch them like Julie can. So Flynn can basically help them out when Julies busy. Sorry!!

Right now I'm helping the boys rehearse while Julies on her little date with Nick.
"so where is julie?" Luke asks after finishing his guitar riff.
I'm sort of hesitant to tell him knowing the history him and Julie have. As i was about to speak I get a message notification from Julie and read the message in my head.

"Uhh Luke... can i talk to you outside?" he slides his guitar of his body leaves it on his couch and walks outside with me. "okay your probably gonna be a little mad about this so there's no point telling you not to be but Julie went out on a date."

A frown formed on Luke's face but he didn't say anything. "with who?" he says quietly.

"Nick."

You can see he looks a little mad but isn't trying to show it.
"Look! it was meant to be a friend date but Julie just texted me saying that Nick is being really weird and-"

"yeah he is really weird lol."

"stop joking around!! he tried to like grab Julies thigh or something?" Luke's smile turned into a furious look.

"i dunno okay! but Julie is feeling really uncomfortable and legit locked herself up in a cubicle waiting to leave."
Luke looks like he's about to explode.

"WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS? TOUCHING JULIE UP LIKE THAT. NO GIRL SHOULD HE TREATED LIKE THAT AND MADE TO BE FELT THAT UNCOMFORTABLE. OH I AM GONNA BEAT HIS ASS UP RIGHT NOW."
Luke screams.

"You nutball!! You're a ghost you can't lay a finger on him. anyways that's not the reason I called you out here. My mum says i need to be home now which means i can't pick up julie so i need you to go pick her up. LIKE NOW."