Chapter 17: Wake up

Kara's POV

I quickly catch Lena as I see her legs give out. She hangs limply in my arms and I could feel myself yelling but I cant hear what I'm saying. I carry her to the med bay where everything happened in slow motion. Alex and the agents preparing equipment. There is no sound even with my superhearing and their voices are muffled.

Theres a darkness within me that I could feel stirring. She is coming. The uncontrollable side of me is threatening to come out and I need to leave. I need to protect the people that are around me.

"Alex" I whisper. She doesnt notice and is flashing a light in Lena's eyes.

"Alex" I say a little louder.

I see her attention flick to me briefly and she barks orders at the other agents. They quickly hook up machines to Lena. The sight makes the dark feeling within me grow faster and I could feel my eyes start to glow.

"Alex!" I yell. Her attention is now fully on me and her mouth gaped open. She stumbles for her radio and brings it to her mouth.

"All agents to the med bay. Rogue Supergirl is manifesting" she yells.

I could hear dozens of footsteps and I begin to lose focus. Alex rushes over to me and pushes me out of the room. The last thing I see is the agents working on my wife and her eyes still closed.

The next thing I know I'm in the training room. I drop to my knees in the center, trying desperately to take control. The images of Lena's lifeless body keep flashing in my mind and I know I couldnt do it anymore. I watch as Alex slams down on the button for the kryptonite emitters and runs out of the room.

Theres a burning sensation throughout my body which only makes me more angry. My heat vision goes off on it's own and leaves indents in the walls. I fall to my knees which makes the ground beneath me crack. A loud, guttural roar emerges from me as I slam my fists in the ground. Rogue Supergirl is out and shes showing no signs of stopping.

I watch in horror in my own mind as I continue to destroy the training room, the kryptonite emitters seeming to have no effect on me. My heat vision scorches the walls and my footsteps break open the ground. The little dust on the ground swirls at my feet and I go to the door. I need my wife, I need Lena.

I punch the door and the glass cracks in the small window. I punch over and over again, each one leaving a deeper indent. Agents line up outside with kryptonite tranquilizers, waiting for the moment I escape.

I finally throw one last punch and send the door flying away. My heavy steps carry me outside where they begun to fire. With each one I start to slow down. I drop to a knee and struggle to get up. One more tranquilizer and I fall forward and lay on the ground. Within a few seconds I'm out like a light.

Lena's POV

I open my eyes and everything is dark still. I reach out for something to hold onto and feel a hard surface in front of me. I gradually begin to see and I notice I'm in an office. The walls, furniture, and floor were white. Everything was sleek and clean.

I curiously walk around and a wall behind the desk is glass. I look out to realize that it's a view of National City. Theres a balcony and I lose focus. Flash images take over and I stumble. Supergirl lands on it with a grin on her face. I watch as another woman stands from the desk and opens the door for her.

Theres another flash and I look to the couch. Kara is in her civilian clothes and the same woman sits with her. I see them laugh as they eat something from a bag with Big Belly Burger on it. I shake my head and close my eyes.

What is happening? Where am I?

I open my eyes and theres a chunk of concrete coming directly toward my face. I freeze in place and wait for it to come crashing into me. Theres a blur of red and blue as Kara puts herself in front of me. The concrete smashes into her and it breaks into little pieces. She turns to me briefly.

"Get out of here" she says.

I'm too stunned to think too much and run away. I am so confused as to what is happening. Suddenly the earth below me gives way and everything is black. In another instant I'm on the ground and staring at my wife. Shes crying. Theres a green glowing cage around her and our surroundings seem to be made of ice.

I look beside me into a wall of the ice and see my reflection. I look like me but in a different style. More professional. I realize that I look exactly like the woman that was in the office earlier. I look back to Kara and her tear-streaked face.

"What are you doing? You dont have to do this. You're not a Luthor Lena! Please, I know this isnt you" she chokes out.

"It hurts when someone you love betrays you. Doesnt it?" I heard myself say.

I want to take it back. I want to free her from that little prison but she seems to get further away from me. I cry out and reach for her but it's too late. I look around me and I could hear multiple voices around me. I shut my eyes tightly and cover my ears with my hands.

"You're nothing but a Luthor!" I see a man scream at me.

"Its all your fault!" A woman yells.

"You will always be a disappointment" A woman, who seemed familiar, snarls.

The angry voices continue until theres a soft one beginning to drown them out.

"So, my office is filled with flowers?" It says.

"Kara Danvers believes in you."

"I-I flew here on a bus."

I open my eyes and my hands slowly come down.

"You are nothing like your family, Lena."

I know that voice.

"Is there such thing as pot sticker poisoning?"

I look around desperately searching for its source.

"I will be here for you always."

I turn around to see Kara's smiling face. My feet are glued in place and tears flow down my cheeks.

"Do you want to fly a kite?" She asks.

Her sunny grin is still on her face and she seems to glow in the darkness surrounding me. I let out a choked up chuckle and nod. She holds her hand out to me and tilts her head.

"You know you're stuck with me right?" Kara laughs.

I laugh and sob at the same time. I finally realize these are my memories. Memories that have been lost to me until now. What our lives had been like before. The sweet and sorrowful moments that I have been aching to recover.

"God I hope so" I laugh. More tears leave my eyes as I place my hand in hers.

I follow her and her smile as we walk towards a bright light. For the first time since waking up in the godforsaken hospital I feel whole. I take a deep breath and step into the unknown.

Yo raccoons! I wont lie I was crying while writing Lena's POV. I dont know why I torture myself but I hope you guys are enjoying it! Let me know what you think! I'll keep updating while I can and we'll see what happens next! Stay trashy!