Chapter 28:Holy shit that hurt

Kara's POV

OMR. OMR. OMR. OMR. OMR. MY WIFE IS IN LABOR. I'M GOING TO BE A MOM. THERE WILL BE A TINY KRYPTONIAN I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR. I NEED TO CALM DOWN. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? LENA'S IN PAIN, WHY WON'T THEY HELP HER. THATS A BIG NEEDLE.

My mind is racing as I watch the DEO medical team spring into action. Alex is barking orders while Rebekah helps prep the room. My mind was spinning and Lena let out a long, loud groan. My instincts kicked in and I held her hand as I sat next to her. Alex came over with a kryptonite needle and tried to stick my wife. The sight of it made me blank for a moment and my heat vision activated on its own.

"What are you doing?" I growled. This was the very beginning of Rogue Supergirl. Before anything could go any further Rebekah flashed in front of my sister protectively with heat vision as well.

"She's just trying to help. Stand down" she growled back. I forced Rogue Supergirl to the back of my mind and looked away.

Each contraction Lena had made my heart ache and I almost felt guilty for putting her through this. Several hours passed us by with groans, screams, and a little crying. The crying coming from me because Lena's hand was crushing mine. Finally I could see a smile on Alex's face.

"I see the head! Almost there, just a few more pushes" Alex encourages.

"How many pushes does it take to get a fucking baby out!?" Lena snarls. I winced at her cursing and she sighs.

Several more minutes pass until there's a wail coming from the end of Lena's medical bed. I crane my neck to see but they've already taken them away.

"Where are you going? Why are they leaving?" I ask frantically.

"Relax Kara, they just need to clean the baby off. You'll meet them soon" Rebekah says calmly. Lena leans back in bed completely spent.

I crawl into the bed next to her and place a kiss to her temple. She has her eyes closed but there's a hint of a smile. The door to the room opens again with Alex holding our baby with a fluffy blue and red blanket wrapped around them.

"Would you like to meet your daughter?" she smiles. I turn to Lena and grin as big as my lips will allow.

Alex hands her off to us and Lena cradles her in her arms. I barely notice everyone leaving the room as I stare down at her little face. Her little tuft of hair was sticking out in all directions.

"It seems that her hair matches yours in the morning" Lena says quietly. I laugh and run my hand through her hair. I watch her hand gently smooth her hair down and a little gummy smile is on her face.

"It seems that she likes her hair played with like you" I tease back.

We continue to watch our little girl and I curl around them. Lena holds her close to her protectively and I wrap an arm around them with the other lightly playing with her hair. I made a mental note to ask Alex where the blanket came from. It looked like my suit and I saw a peek of the House of El symbol on her back. I closed my eyes willing the moment to be embedded into my mind to stay there forever.

Lena's POV

I wondered how long we laid there watching our newborn. Her hair reminded me of myself with the dark fuzz. We had yet to see her eyes and her little fists bunched up beneath her tiny chin. For a moment fear struck me thinking that I might lose my memories again. That this moment will be lost forever. I tried to expel these thoughts away and a tear slid down my cheek. I lightly held my pinkie to her and she grasped it in her sleep. A small smile tugged the corners of my lips and I rubbed my thumb over her bitty knuckles.