Chapter 6: Torture

Lena's POV

I watched Kara leave from the balcony and wondered where she was going. I tried to focus back on Winn showing me how to use the DEO system, but I couldn't. As soon as he was done I immediately went to find Alex. I checked every room I could see and stumbled upon the records room.

I walked in to see no one was there. I sighed to myself and I worried about my wife. A cabinet with Kara's name on it caught my attention. Curious, I opened it to see several files and a DVD. I pulled a file out and opened it.

Was born on Krypton and lived there until age 13. Due to destruction of entire planet, was sent off with another family member. Kara Zor-El lands on Earth in pod that was knocked off its course. Stranded in the Phantom Zone, no time passed until pod eventually made it to Earth 24 years later. Was adopted by Danvers family and raised from age 13 to present.

My heart ached at reading a brief glimpse of her story. I had no idea that her entire planet was destroyed and she was stuck in a world all by herself for so long. I continued to read and it listed some current events.

Continues to have nightmares and must be sedated if needed. Kryptonite was found to be weakness that has been gradually fading. Has started to grow immune but is still effected. Is struggling with current place of work and is searching for others.

I read on and realize just how much my wife has gone through. I miss her in this moment and wish she could talk to me about these things. Tears sting my eyes but through the blurriness I see my name in her file. It seemed to be the most recent.

Kara has befriended Lena Luthor to which she has greatly improved. Is no longer having nightmares and has found a stable job that she seems to enjoy. Lena has made Kara a Kryptonite suit which has greatly helped in avoiding any exposure. The two continue to have lunch and are making great progress.

I smile thinking this must have been at the beginning of our relationship. I wondered how I had made a suit to protect Kara from Kryptonite, but of course I couldnt remember. I continue to read with a smile.

Supergirl is making excellent progress and shows signs of stabilizing on Earth. Has served to be no danger to humans but does show signs of chance.

At this I perk up and wonder why the DEO would think Kara would be dangerous. She would never really hurt anyone.

At any time Lena Luthor is not to be harmed or treated unjustly. Any harm to Lena Luthor of any kind has shown to set off Supergirl into a protective mode and is highly dangerous. Ms. Luthor is to remain under the protection of the DEO and supervision to ensure this and prevent a Rogue Supergirl.

I had finished that last line when the door opened. I turned suddenly to find Alex. She looked to the file in my hands and then to my eyes.

"You found her file" she said. She didnt sound mad but I still felt I was in trouble.

"I came to look for you and found it" I explain.

Alex walks to me and takes the file away gently. She looks almost sad but smiles a little.

"Kara doesnt like talking about her past much. It took me years to get her to talk about her home planet. How much did you read?" She asks.

"Only until Rogue Supergirl."

Before Alex could say anything else the door to the room was ripped off its hinges and Alex turned with her gun drawn. Kara, in her super suit, stormed in with eyes glowing.

"I heard Lena's heart rate spike. What happened?" She said. Alex's shoulders dropped and she put her gun away.

"Damn it Kara you scared the shit out of me! I thought we had a breach, and you cant just rip doors out! Why cant you just open it normally? Now I need to go tell them to fix it" Alex grumbles.