Chapter 20: I'm so confused

Lena's POV

"Wait. So she was still with Maggie when she went on a date with Sam way back when?" I question.

"No, her and Maggie broke up. Alex went on a date with Sam and sometime after that ran into Maggie again" Kara explains.

"So is she dating Sam now that Maggie is final?" I narrow my eyes.

"No, the same day that she ran into Maggie was when they fought. She said she needs a little break before going for someone else" Kara shrugs.

"I'm still somewhat confused. Which this is also impressing me as I am technically a genius" I smile.

"A genius with all of her memories" my wife smiles back.

She steps closer to me and gently places a hand on my belly. I place a hand over hers and close my eyes. I have since been growing and there is now a visible bump showing.

"How are you feeling today?" she asks.

"I'm feeling fine Darling. Both of us are. I am still getting acclimated to the idea that I'm married and pregnant with my best friend, but nonetheless happy" I tease.

"I know that it must be weird for you. I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable sometimes" she says sadly.

I open my eyes and cup her cheek to look at me.

"Oh, Kara. It will take time but theres no need for an apology. It isnt your fault and like I said I wouldnt change it. I'm happy that I can actually remember and tell our child of our many adventures. Spare the assassinations and the fight." I lean my head on Kara's chest and her arms automatically wrap around me.

"If you say so love" she breathes.

Suddenly I feel her tense up and I pull away slightly to look at her.

"Is something wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"I have to show you something. At the Fortress of Solitude" she says.

I nod but pause when I remembered the last time we were there together.

"Oh, no! I turned your system! Kara, you cant go there it will alarm on you. I cant let you go through that again" I say.

"Dont worry the system forgot just like everyone else. It's fine now. I even went there earlier and it was fine. I promise" she reassures.

I bite my lip and nod. Kara gently lifts me bridal style and we make our way to the Fortress.

When we arrive Kara hands me her cape to cover myself from the cold. I look around the structure with sadness at what I had done here. I could feel a slight tug on the cape and turn to see my wife with a Kryptonian robe. I pull it around myself and sighed at the warmth. Kara must have heated it some.

We come up to the main control and flashes of memories come out. Kara in the cage. Me walking away leaving her in pain. I'm torn away from my thoughts when Kara grabs my hand. I turn to her and she pulls it to put on the console. I resist some in fear of what that will do. If the system were to suddenly remember and capture Kara.

We both look up to the screen and words gradually began to appear. My eyes widened at what I read.

Soulmates: Kal-El and Lois Lane
Soulmates: Kara Zor-El and Lena Zor-El
Soulmates: Alexandra Danvers an-

The system cut off when I removed my hand. Soulmates? Could it really be true? I stared at our names before looking to my wife. This woman trully is who I've been looking for all my life.