Chapter 15: New Krypton

Lena's POV

I chuckled as I watched my wife fall back asleep on the bed next to me. I pulled my shirt back down over my stomach and Alex shook her head.

"Try to take it easy from now on. Tea usually helps with the morning sickness if you get it again. As much as you may not like it I hope you'll let me do some testing. I just want to be sure that the baby is ok and hopefully learn a few things" Alex says.

"I'll tell Kara about it but I dont think she'll like it either. Thank you for this Alex" I smile.

"No problem. Tell my sister congrats when she comes to will you?" She laughs.

I nod my head as she leaves the med bay. I go over to the bed Kara is in and lay down next to her. Her arm immediately wraps around my waist and I play with a few strands of hair. Kara and I did briefly go over the topic of children but not in detail.

I thought about what my former self would have done in this situation. Would we be in the situation at all? As much as I hated not having my memories it was a gift in disguise. Perhaps things would have gone differently and Kara and I wouldnt have gotten married. We never would have confessed our feelings. Without any of this taking place the little bean growing within my belly wouldnt exist.

I placed my hand over Kara's arm where she covered my stomach. It almost felt like she were protecting both of us now. I continued to lay there with her until I felt her stir.

"Lena? Oh good. I had the weirdest dream. Well, it was almost a dream within a dream. I found a pregnancy test and you were at the DEO. I fainted because you were pregnant. When I woke up you were pregnant and still at the DEO and I fainted again" Kara rambles.

I feel her freeze as she looks around her surroundings. Her arm retracts and her hand rests on my stomach. Her eyes meet mine and I give her a small smile.

"It wasnt a dream was it?" She whispers.

I shake my head and she looks down at her hand. Kara leans over and places her cheek on my stomach. I play with her hair as she spends time with the baby.

"Theres really a little peanut in there huh? How? When?" Kara asks.

"I dont know how and I assuming it happened on our passionate night together on our honeymoon. Alex said to tell you congrats. She does want to do some tests though to answer our questions. Maybe she'll be able to figure some things out that could help us" I say.

"I dont like the idea of you two being poked and prodded" she pouts. She sits up to look down at me and I chuckle.

"I didnt think you would. I think it could be a wonderful opportunity though" I respond.

Kara chews on her lip and looks away for a moment. She then nods her head and lays back down.

"If you think it's ok then we'll do it. The moment anything feels remotely uncomfortable we stop it completely" she says firmly.

"My thoughts exactly darling" I smile.

I continue to play with her hair and thought she had fallen back asleep for a third time. Until an agent walked into the room to check on us and she bolted out of bed with her superspeed. Her body was tense and she was in a fighting stance, protectively between me and the agent.

"I'm sorry I startled you S-supergirl. You're sister ordered me to check in" the agent stammered.

I could only imagine the look that Kara must be giving them and how she looked from the agents point of view. I could see Kara relax and she cleared her throat.