Chapter 22: Ummm... Alex?

Kara's POV

I was sitting in a chair next to Lena in the lab eating potstickers. My wife wanted to finish her latest project before the baby came. My face was stuffed when suddenly the doors burst open. I let out a squeak and went tumbling out of my chair. Lena turned around and we saw Alex rush into the room.

"Im just going to step out. This seems like a sister thing" Winn says. He holds a piece of pipe protectively in front of him and doesnt turn his back to Alex. When he's finally near the foor he nearly runs out.

"I cant believe it! I swear I have the worst fucking luck in the world. First Rebekah is my leader today in training, and then Maggie shows up out of no where. Why the fuck is she here?" Alex paces. Lena and I look at each other and I stand up from the floor.

"Ok. Start from the beginning and tell us what happened today" I say calmly.

Alex continues pacing and sighs in frustration.

"We had training today with other agencies. Rebekah was there as one of the leaders training us. I kind of avoided her for most of it and then I was partnered with her. We sparred for a little bit and she pinned me down. Maggie then shows up and I was frozen! It was so awkward to see them talking to each other. Oh God it was torture!" Alex says.

"So two of your love interests met each other today?" Lena asks.

"Yes! I dont know what to do. We have training again tomorrow!" My sister sighs.

"Well, who do you lean more to?" I ask.

"I dont know! I'm just getting to know Rebekah but shes sweet and funny. Maggie and I have history that I will never forget. Im still healing from our breakup" Alex explains.

My sister stomps a foot in a tantrum and groans.

"I would rather have memory loss right now than have to deal with this" Alex growls.

"Believe me, you dont. My memory loss was a terrible experience" Lena responds. Alex crosses her arms and sits in a chair with a huff.

"Just be yourself Alex. Things will sort out themselves how they're supposed to be" I say. I put a hand on her shoulder for comfort and smile down at her.

"I dont know Kara. Things are just so complicated. I'm trying to get over Maggie, things with Sam are unknown, and Rebekah is a curve ball I didnt see coming. Maggie isnt supposed to be in this city anymore. I've been avoiding poor Sam for the past week. Now I have to deal with Rebekah at work too" Alex sighs.

I try to think of something to say but I'm not sure how to help my sister in this situation. I look to Lena and she shrugs a shoulder. Great, even the genius is clueless. We're screwed.

*****

I gently set down the crib in the new nursery as Lena directed me. We wanted to get a head start on getting things for the baby so we didnt have to worry about it. Who knows what will happen with a half Kryptonian baby?

"Do you mind helping me with this box, darling?" Lena calls. I speed my way over and pick up the box.

"No lifting. I dont want you to hurt yourself" I said sternly.

"Yes, love. Which is why I asked you to pick it up" she teases.

We continue to decorate when we decide to take a break. I sit down on the couch with a plop and Lena curls herself up next to me. Her baby bump slightly pushes against her shirt and I smile. I kiss her temple and she puts an arm around me.

"I can only imagine if I were to lose my memories now. I'm sure I will be quite confused and frightened to discover I'm with child and no recollection of how it happened" Lena says. I laugh as I imagine it and pull her close to me.